Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Regrets... ive hadda few

Lets endevour to talk moar about Iron, guys!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm suprised you didn't do the Bible.
I think that ill pull out of law right at the end and flee hysterically to the santuary of ACU for a masters in theology :cool:
This will frustrate my parents and serve to illuminate the daring adventure seeker I am!
pooppoop!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hey sweet KT! And you can do it in Canberra, :cool:
Pity theyre all prots though...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Up yours mods. You sit their on your fat arses, never post anything, never shape any discussion, but deem my psychologically important yet physically impotent threats as deletable
Up yours too.

What threads are you reffering to?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
How many atheists would do theology studies?

I actually think it would be quite interesting, but from a religious philosophy perspective (also imagine the argument material :D:D)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
idk, i'd do it

not keen on learning greek though :confused:
Yea for sure, but learning any crylic langauge :p

But hey, the Jehova's Witnesses never bothered learning languages. I read the other day that their original 'translation' team for the New World Translation of the Bible (1961 lol), consisted of only one member who knew another langauge (Hebrew) and only self taught...

I mentioned this yesterday when they came door knocking, was quite funny.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Yea for sure, but learning any crylic langauge :p

But hey, the Jehova's Witnesses never bothered learning languages. I read the other day that their original 'translation' team for the New World Translation of the Bible (1961 lol), consisted of only one member who knew another langauge (Hebrew) and only self taught...

I mentioned this yesterday when they came door knocking, was quite funny.
hahahaha yeah.

i critiqued someone earlier today for implying no intelligent people are Christians, in regard to JWs however, one could be forgiven for suggesting that it doesn't take much looking into to see that most of the main doctrines of JW (and indeed the way they were created) are just not intellectually defensible

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
How many atheists would do theology studies?

I actually think it would be quite interesting, but from a religious philosophy perspective (also imagine the argument material :D:D)
haha.
nah i know an athiest who has read the entire Bible and Qu'ran, and now he's doing a masters in theology. he's never really given me a conclusive answer as to why he does it all.. but he must find it interesting, i mean he's sacrificed nearly a decade of his life to it.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
haha.
nah i know an athiest who has read the entire Bible and Qu'ran, and now he's doing a masters in theology. he's never really given me a conclusive answer as to why he does it all.. but he must find it interesting, i mean he's sacrificed nearly a decade of his life to it.
I actually think academic studies of ALL religions would be a motivating factor in strengthening atheism. Given that it would present such detailed accounts of all major religions, the conflicting views as to who is right or wrong, the implications if one is right and the other is not, philosophy of religion (and critique, unless you were a dog and didn't elect it!) etc

These reasons alone influence my own personal reasoning.

Tumnus

HSC
It's quite specific when Ezekiel says tyre would never be rebuilt.

And yet, here stands modern development on the exact site of the old city

The UK's Leading Atheist Page - Miracles

?
The tyre you are refering to is modern tyre. the one the prophecy speaks about was the tyre located on the island off the coast of modern tyre. Wich according to the prophecy no longer exists. If you read it carefully this is quite clear.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The tyre you are refering to is modern tyre. the one the prophecy speaks about was the tyre located on the island off the coast of modern tyre. Wich according to the prophecy no longer exists. If you read it carefully this is quite clear.
The link I posted addresses this quite clearly

Over the course of the last two and a half thousand years the coastline has changed slightly, so that the island is now connected to the mainland. As you can see, the (ex)island site and mainland parts are heavily built up.

Ezekiel said that Tyre would never be rebuilt and would never be found. Can you find a city in the picture? Did Ezekiel's prophecy come true, even if we grant that he was really talking about Alexander the Great when he mentioned Nebuchadnezzar.

The Encyclopedia Britannica says 'Excavations have uncovered remains of the Greco-Roman, Crusader, Arab, and Byzantine civilizations, but most of the remains of the Phoenician period lie beneath the present town'

So the present town was built on the remains of the Phoenician town.

The Tourism in Lebanon page states ' Near the market you will see a busy fisherman's port, in Phoenician times referred to as the "Sidonian" port because it faced north towards Sidon' and 'The walk to Area Three takes you through a residential part of Tyre called Hay Er-Raml or the Quarter of Sand. You are in fact walking on what once was Alexander the Great's causeway.'

So the port is in the same place as the ancient port and a residential part of Tyre is built right on the scene of the fighting.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Theists, look up Christopher Hitchens and get over it already.

kandyman

HSC
god does exist. i am he, he i am. i am alpha, and omega. I was, i am, and i will be. Zion shall be ur final sanctuary - the new jerusalem. Then shall i punish those who are gay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)