Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
he seems to be listening very well........and he is putting forward decent arguments......maybe wat ur saying dosent make sense to him.......and just becasue he or any of us dare to ask or question u it dosent mean were arrogant.
I do thankyou "Not so bright" for listening and actually showing some interest...in stead of dismissing me as lost or looney or something like that

lengstar

HSC
You can't smear the entirety of Christianity with the same brush. I deplore those act as much as anyone. A contemporary take on Magdalene Sister ( which i haven't watched ) would possibly be Saved! which I have, and the techniques employed to rectify 'evil' acts or deeds of Christians was the same.

K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
yeh i saw it............kind of depressing........didnt u feel like bashing that evil nun......and to think that it really happened.......
HAHAHA
my thoughts exactly
i sat through the movie with a clenched fist.

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
people are evil with or without god, i truly believe this...
wether with a faith or without a faith good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things. However faith has given the people who would do wrong a masque for their wrong doings, ie in the case of the 'muslim' fundamentalists, or christians that would do such things to their daughters etc.
would u mind giving me a list of 'wrong' things that 'Christians' do .......do u seriousyl believe that someone who uses Christianity as a mask for evil is a true follower of Christ?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
osk said:
I do thankyou "Not so bright" for listening and actually showing some interest...in stead of dismissing me as lost or looney or something like that
I admit your initial posts were not very helpful, especially in you trying to give a definitive Christian viewpoint that I, and a few other Christians on this site did not agree too. But you seem to be making up for it.

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
wat do u mean by "origins of sin and corresponding matters"?
i want to know what muslims think about where sin came from......do u guys believe in Adam or Eve....whats the story with them?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh yes definately, i think the people who do wrongs in the name of jesus or allah are all true followers. I'm sure you guys will disagree, but i'm also sure that the extremist muslims don't think that the other muslims are 'real' muslims.
I believe they are all following... what THEY percieve to be their diety, truth etc. and it is therefor used as a masque to hide how terrible it truely is.

I know there are different Christian viewpoints, when i'm usually being negative i am focusing on the fundamentalist christians who take every word of the bible as literal.

osk

HSC
katie_tully said:
HAHAHA
my thoughts exactly
i sat through the movie with a clenched fist.
Im sure ud all agree that there have always been those who have abused religion...whether it be Islam or Christianity.......what i'm asking is that you get past the bad publicity and go back to the basics...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes there are, and there have been those who have used religion to do great things... charities etc.

However i believe that those nice people would of been nice, set up the charities without a religion. And those bad people would of been bad, killed people without a religion.

superbird

HSC
joujou_84 said:
he seems to be listening very well........and he is putting forward decent arguments......maybe wat ur saying dosent make sense to him.......and just becasue he or any of us dare to ask or question u it dosent mean were arrogant.
just because what we are saying probably doesn't make sense to you or him it doesnt mean you should reject it entirely. hence what i mean by arrogant.

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Oh yes definately, i think the people who do wrongs in the name of jesus or allah are all true followers. I'm sure you guys will disagree, but i'm also sure that the extremist muslims don't think that the other muslims are 'real' muslims.
I believe they are all following... what THEY percieve to be their diety, truth etc. and it is therefor used as a masque to hide how terrible it truely is.

I know there are different Christian viewpoints, when i'm usually being negative i am focusing on the fundamentalist christians who take every word of the bible as literal.
If you didn't already know...Christians do not take the entire Bible as instruction......the Jewish Law....included in the Old Testament is no longer follwed by Christians........we have since been given new instructions by Jesus in the New Testament....the old texts are still included because we believe they are God inspired and are important for prophetic reasons and the fact that they point to Jesus.....you try find me a verse in the New Testament which states we are allowed to murder, lie, cheat for any reason

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
osk said:
i want to know what muslims think about where sin came from......do u guys believe in Adam or Eve....whats the story with them?

the devil is not an angel........he neva was. in islam there are two creations. humans and jinn. humans are made from clay, jinn from fire. jinn were before humans and have now died out as humans took ova. sort of like survival of the fittest. the devil was a jinn. he did not bow to adam when god created him and therefore god sent him to hell. he is the origin of sin. his role is to tempt ppl. like if u see money left on the counter, if there was no devil, there would be no temptation, we would not take it.....we would all be perfect ppl. the devil works to seperate the ppl with a good heart and pure intentions from those who r pure evil. this world is a trial for us and we must face temptations in order to test us. if all the questions in an exam were easy we would all pass...........some questions need to be hard so u can see which r the smart kids and which arnt. adam and eve were meant to disobey god. y coz they were the first creation and they didnt know the consequences of their actions yet. when they were sent to earth they then began to have kids and stuff...........its sort of the same as christianity coz i remember my mum used to tell me these stories as a little kid.

superbird

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
But aren't you rejecting my atheist views entirely? If not then you're agnostic, if you are then you must be as 'arrogant' as me...
I dont believe I have rejected entirely athiestic views

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
superbird said:
just because what we are saying probably doesn't make sense to you or him it doesnt mean you should reject it entirely. hence what i mean by arrogant.
not rejecting.........its called rebutting

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Then you're agnostic.
jou jou, i'd watch out.. there's a fair bit of speculation that i've read about all over the internet that claims that mohammed probably copied the bible... being written years later and having almost the same story, but nevermind..

superbird

HSC
he rejected christian views by having the audacity to declare the bible as "fake" and full of "fictional" characters.
i would argue that rebutting is rejecting

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
what would you rather me do? Refer to them as real characters? anyway i believe most of the people in the bible did exist, so i'd like to see what context i said that in.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Then you're agnostic.
jou jou, i'd watch out.. there's a fair bit of speculation that i've read about all over the internet that claims that mohammed probably copied the bible... being written years later and having almost the same story, but nevermind..
yeh i know that..........ive done my work. christainity is also from god as is judaism...........god sent the bible with jesus (isa) and the torat with moses (musa) however where we differ from christianity is that they believed isa to be gods son. islam claims that god is too great to have a son..he does not require one as he is absolute and not part of the relative world......we dont believe he was killed on the cross........rather god raised him to heaven.......also the bible was changed a number of times as was the torah........the quran was finally sent down with mohammad. these three religions are quite similar in origin but then become different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)