HSC
oh my god...
"read it until the pages fall out"? :p i don't think it's literal
it goes on for a bit too long

Missin_Romz

HSC
soha said:
isnt his name Ahmad in the bible?
because the name ahmad and mohammed are the same..
and i rememebr reading something like a pophet will come after you his name is ahmad
yes it is. Jesus said there will be a prophet after me and his name will be ahmad and when ahmad (mohammad) began to spread the word, they christians came to him to ask him very complex questions. After realising he was the one they asked him to have a "mubahala" with them. This means each side brings their most loyal and honest members and each side preys that the one lying get punished in some way. This used to happened alot back then. The prophet brought Ali and his daughter Fatima and his two grandkids Hassan and Hussein and yet the christains immediately withdrew. i believe this is where the diversion began. The Christains at this time realised the word of jesus was correct yet they did not want to accept it and lose their powerful posistions and immense wealth, so they stuck with their story. This event is mentioned in the quran. Mohammad was not there to convert christains. All he wanted was for them to pay a tax if they lived in a muslim country, and this way they would then be protected by the government. This is still present in muslim countries today. When you pay the tax you are protected by the governemnt, allowed to practice your religion and even open up your own bars, etc..

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
So do Muslims believe that Mohammed was the prophet that Moses foretold? The prophet christians believe to be Jesus?

Quoting Jehovah, Moses stated: "A prophet I shall raise up for them [the Israelites] from the midst of their brothers, like you [Moses]; and I shall indeed put my words in his mouth, and he will certainly speak to them all that I shall command him."-Deuteronomy 18:17, 18.

Just getting my facts right.

waterfowl

HSC
soha said:
isnt his name Ahmad in the bible?
because the name ahmad and mohammed are the same..
and i rememebr reading something like a pophet will come after you his name is ahmad
I don't think you read that in the Bible!

hey my friend sent me this link
its pretty funny
i dont know if we are meant to take this guy literally or what?
sorry if it offends anyone..

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/615/
That was hilarious

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
GirlGoneMad said:
So do Muslims believe that Mohammed was the prophet that Moses foretold? The prophet christians believe to be Jesus?

Quoting Jehovah, Moses stated: "A prophet I shall raise up for them [the Israelites] from the midst of their brothers, like you [Moses]; and I shall indeed put my words in his mouth, and he will certainly speak to them all that I shall command him."-Deuteronomy 18:17, 18.

Just getting my facts right.
jesus and moses and all the prophets told their people about mohammad....as he was the last of all the prophets...so mohammad and jesus were two different men, and both prophets of god.

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
joujou_84 said:
jesus and moses and all the prophets told their people about mohammad....as he was the last of all the prophets...so mohammad and jesus were two different men, and both prophets of god.
Where did you read that jesus and moses told peopl about Mohammed?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Honestly i am not sure about whether Jesus or Moses told about Mohammed, but the Old Testament contains a number of references from a number of prophets about the coming of a great prophet which fits the description of Jesus:

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephrata, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah," Micah the prophet spoke, "yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." (Micah 5:2).

However, there are also other quotes that may allude to another great prophet to come after Jesus. The Bible says there will come a prophet "like unto Moses." Now one can argue that to Christians Jesus is not "like unto Moses" because of how different a person Jesus is to Moses in terms of Christian beliefs. Its all mysterious to know who or what the prophecies fortold and whether or not some of them allude to someone coming after Jesus, but I have no doubt that the main prophecy in the Bible one of Jesus coming.

sladehk

le random
HSC
so Jesus was only a prophet as well??? i'm lost

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
so Jesus was only a prophet as well??? i'm lost
Yes he was a prophet in terms of he gave moral insights, spread God's word and gave predictions. However, He wasnt only a prophet, to Christians he was the prophet which could not be compared to any other man, the son of God.

edit: that was just one quote that i found while quickly looking through and probably doesnt allude to his greatness, there are others that are a little more specific to how great Jesus would be

K

katie_tully

I've been away for a few days, but I was thinking about the whole dress code, religion, rape shannanigans.
This occured to me.
We live in Australia. We, as Australian women, have the right to wear whatever we want, without religious restrictions.
It is because of this I find your "if you dress to seek attention, it's your fault you get raped" argument invalid.
Incorrect.
As Australians, we have the right to wear whatever we want, and should not be subject to crude remarks, or at worst, rape.
Nobody has the right to stand back and say that if we wear revealing clothes, we should be aware of the consequences.
I think you need to re-evaluate your argument, and if you strongly believe the above, I think you should relocate to a country where this is the common belief.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
I've been away for a few days, but I was thinking about the whole dress code, religion, rape shannanigans.
This occured to me.
We live in Australia. We, as Australian women, have the right to wear whatever we want, without religious restrictions.
It is because of this I find your "if you dress to seek attention, it's your fault you get raped" argument invalid.
Incorrect.
As Australians, we have the right to wear whatever we want, and should not be subject to crude remarks, or at worst, rape.
Nobody has the right to stand back and say that if we wear revealing clothes, we should be aware of the consequences.
I think you need to re-evaluate your argument, and if you strongly believe the above, I think you should relocate to a country where this is the common belief.
huh? who told u that you cant wear wat u want?? You wear what u want and we'll wear what we want and both sides will be happy. and besides who cares wat people say. people will say alot of things. u just do what makes u happy and ignore the rest.

K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
huh? who told u that you cant wear wat u want?? You wear what u want and we'll wear what we want and both sides will be happy. and besides who cares wat people say. people will say alot of things. u just do what makes u happy and ignore the rest.
My comment was in relation to the pages from Thursday and Friday. Read the threads carefully. Perhaps because it's your religion you don't notice the undertone of the comments.
Not so much your comments, but others that were made.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I have no problem with what anyone wears as long as they dont criticise anyone else for what they wear. People who wear traditional clothing should not be criticised, but at the same time shouldnt criticise others

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
My comment was in relation to the pages from Thursday and Friday. Read the threads carefully. Perhaps because it's your religion you don't notice the undertone of the comments.
Not so much your comments, but others that were made.
i understand the comments. Some are too much but then again people will say what they want. Everything has its consequences. just because i cover up does that mean im safe? Do u know how many times ive been verbally assulted in the streets. and ive had an apple thrown at me. they know im an australian and so it makes it worse and they make sure to voice their disapproval of me. but who cares. i like the way i dress. its up to me. i was only replying to a question about the necessity of covering up in islam, thats all. but on a day to day basis i dont tell people how they should dress. its none of my buisness.

ramin_87

about the dress code of people, wheteher we like it or not people are mean, cruel and ignorant and will segregate and attempt to isolate people, and there are many people like this. The trick is to ignore what people say and their actions, and just continue with the way you dress. Many people ask themsekves, why do u wear your traditional dress if you have freedom of dress in Australia? that's a valid question, but in my opinion people shouldn't get bothered if someone wears their tradiitonal dress. At the end of the day, how does it harm others if u choose to wear your traditonal dress. The point is it doesn't, so we as a society should not worry about the dress code of others, rather we should focus on more important issues in society. My philosophy is if it 'aint broken, don't fix it'. In this case there's nothing wrong with wearing traditional dress, so to people that oppose traditional dress, be more open-minded and don't try to fix something that's not a problem. Don't worry about what people wear or look like, focus on their character and personality. In my opinion racism is out of place anywhere, so don't follow it or practice it, it's just ignorant and hurtful to others. At the end of the day we are all human beings and deserved to be treated equally. My mother, sister and I are Christians, while my father is a Muslim, but my father is a good man, more tolerant and less selfish than all of us, so please don't focus on a person's dress or religion, but on their character.

ramin_87

eco_man said:
GOD does exist and there are many resons which support his existence. As human beings we must ask ourselves a few questions:

who created the earth?
who created human beings?
how does are human body function?

When you try to answer these questions you probably will think to yourself, humans couldn't have evolved by themselves or function by themselves.
Yes they could have. Single cell organisms were the first point of human evolution millions and millions and millions of years ago, altho I don't expect you christians or whatever, out there to accept that, because according to your 'word of god' the world only came into existence about 6000 years ago.

In reply to noelgallagher, even if your theory is true, which it isn't, u must ask yourself, who created these single cell organisms, some one must have, someone supernatural. They couldn't have just popped out of nowhere, could they? So who created them, the answer is simple, someone supernatural and that supernatural being is GOD. Please believe in GOD and the LORD JESUS CHRIST, and u will better understand life and become a better person. I know that u may doubt GOD and JESUS's existence, but ask yourself why do u doubt their existence and i think that u would come up with no cerdible answers. Remember through doubt comes the strengthening of belief and in your case i sincerely hope that through your doubt you will come to know GOD and JESUS.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i was at westfeilds shopping centre the other day
and people were playing christmas carols and handing out God pamphlets
i read the pamphlet
and it was just about how much jesus loved me
but i thought jesus loves us in islam too..
so how can i choose my religon based on the love of jesus
i dunno..its all so confusing
and is it that easy..to just accept christianity
i want to meet christian converts
i know a lady who converted to seventh day adventist
and i want to know..why..like why not plain christianity or jehovas witness or catholic or mormonism
how does one choose..because they arent that different...from one another..
are they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)