Does section III take you the longest? (1 Viewer)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
yea, im about 50 minutes as well. I cut time on my creative.. which only takes about 25. The only think im worried about, is if they specifiy some random shit for the creative, im gnna have to spend more time on it, meaning that i won't be able to spend my 50 minutes on my essay.. meaning, my essay will be incomplete :S

hipPo3

HSC
In the trials i started with section III .. then went to section I.. then did section II last

i find starting section III frist (because its all about coleridge and imagination) cause at the begining before the exam i was trying to memorize the notes .. this way i didnt have to remember them for long

i tried to keep 40 mins for each section .. but ended up spending more time on section III (at the begining)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
The thing you have to keep in mind is that they're all worth the same amount of marks.

My section III was a whole hour when I finished it. I had to cut huge paragraphs out because I can't spend just half an hour on each of the other sections.

I think that section I shouldn't take 40 minutes because the questions are short and you're not expected to structure your responses to great detail. Section II, in my opinion, is just as important as section III, so I'd say if you have to cut time, cut back on section I and concentrate on the other two parts.

queenie

HSC
my creative's prepared and its only 25 mins

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I take ages for section 3
around 50 minutes coz you have to talk about so much :(
Anyone in the same boat?

I'm gonna hav 2 cut time off the other sections.

volition

arr.
HSC
I'm plan on finishing my Section 2(500 words) within about 20 minutes, then going and doing my Section 3(roughly 1300 words) for 40-50 minutes, and then to Section 1.

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i do mine in order... section 1, 2, 3... section 1 and 2 i breeze through them... then i go onto 3 which takes me bout 48 mins...

queenie

HSC
generally i start with sec 111, get that heavy load off my chest, then go to section one go tive my hand a break, then sec 2 which is a lota writing.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Its wise to start off with section 1 cause you get 10 mins reading which should get you ahead in section 1, I use that 10 mins plus the 40 mins for section cause you do have write a considerable amount.

Section 2 takes about half an hour and 3 is variable. I can make it long or short depending on time ranging from 40-50 mins. Will definitely spend additional time on it if it is a feature article or speech, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)