Does the Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Science degree still exist? (1 Viewer)

SpHan

HSC
hey i cannot find this on the usyd website but i did find bachelor of arts and sciences...is there a difference?

with these degrees can i study

-a language
-government and international relations
-psychology
-neuroscience
in tandem?

thanks for any help :)

yosemite sam

HSC
Bachelor of arts/sciences according to 2006 (not 2007) uac guide...they do languages but theyre more language and cultural studies combined i think, and if you major in a language you can also major in government and international relations. As for science, you can also do both psychology and neuroscience. So the degree exists, but i think to do govt + international relations as a major you ahve to have another major cos its listed in two parts. But you can probly just study them and not major in it. And the uai for it in 2006 was 70.00. Surprisingly achievable. hope that helps :)

SpHan

HSC
thanks for the help i really appreciate it! :D just one thing- in the link that was posted i didnt see government and international relations under the arts subjects...i know its from the economics faculty so am i right in assuming that you can chose majors from other faculties to complete the degree?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think I'll transfer to BSc/BA at the end of the year...education just isn't doing it for me atm.

The more you know (the less you care)

SpHan

HSC
is it just me...or is anyone else annoyed about how u have to complete science in 3 years then finish the arts in the next 2 years? what if u want to do honours in ur science that makes it 6 years eh? then u mightnt be stuffed finishing tha arts just want to get away from uni into the workforce!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
SpHan said:
is it just me...or is anyone else annoyed about how u have to complete science in 3 years then finish the arts in the next 2 years? what if u want to do honours in ur science that makes it 6 years eh? then u mightnt be stuffed finishing tha arts just want to get away from uni into the workforce!
No one forces you to complete the Arts component once you've got the BSc.

P

psychokitten

SpHan said:

six years if u wanna do honours!!! cant you do honors in 5 years?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
psychokitten said:
six years if u wanna do honours!!! cant you do honors in 5 years?
In most degrees honours is an extra year, so if you want to do a combined degree with honours it'll take six years.

The exception is Law, in which honours are awarded based on your marks.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
The exception is Law, in which honours are awarded based on your marks.
Engo too, and most other 'professional degrees'.

aussiechica7

HSC
could u take B Med Sci/Arts? Sounds like you'd like that more with the neuro stuff.

Or you could apply for an Arts/MBBS. Make sure you register for the UMAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)