Does UNSW have safe lockers? (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
i was just wondering does UNSW have any fully, 100% safe lockers for students, or special storage places where students can keep their most valued items overnight or simply anytime...

i ask beacause i dont feel very safe with a $2k laptop in my bag while im on a train going back home... i remember someone posted that there is a bank at the campus, so would they have some special storage available for students that would suit a laptop?

sunny

meh.
HSC
I know several faculties have their own locker systems....FBE and EE do...not sure the system works though.

Don't worry too much, its not uncommon for students to be carrying around laptops uni. I do it regularly - just keep on eye on it and it'll be fine. As for the trips home/to uni - if you're stupid enough to be carrying a laptop bag with big bold letters like "IBM" or "COMPAQ" written all over the bag you deserve to have it stolen. :p

TheKey

HSC
No way was i gonna use the actual laptop bag for this, its just still a bit of a risk on the trains, (well i just remember that thread on getting 'rolled' and it seemed quite common).

Well i guess if i do get rolled i can always smash it on the guys head and get a new one on warranty, but then again i dont have teeth or life insurance. :(

addz

HSC
if u have a big enuff backup..no one would know the difference between the contents of it compared with any other school person. shud be safe enough

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
get a bag which says "C4 inside"
LMAO, that brings in the terrorists to steal it from u :p

asdf

HSC
Originally posted by enak
LMAO, that brings in the terrorists to steal it from u :p
How about, bush inside?...no...wait...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
just tell them it's a mac. :D

my laptop fits in my backpack... most people carry around super heavy backpacks (SUNNY!)

TheKey

HSC
well i think melbournian has the right idea, il definatly get insurance, but im not using a laptop bag thats for sure.

my laptop fits in my backpack... most people carry around super heavy backpacks (SUNNY!)
yeh i think il join the club with my 3kg laptop.

sunny

meh.
HSC
heyheyhey my backpack is only big because its got padding!! :p

Plus not all of us can afford paper thin laptops ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
same here! :eek:

btw- isn't it dangerous carrying it around in uni. anyway?
I wouldn't say dangerous, nobody has ever ever accosted me for my laptop. I walk around with is under my arm sometimes because I'm lazy. Maybe if you were walking around at 9pm by yourself someone might grab it.. but what are the chances. :p

heavy laptops are generally more powerful though, that's the only regret I have. but then i have an uberkomputer at home (well.. to me it is! i still don't have a gfx card!) so i don't need the extra functionality.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by anti
I wouldn't say dangerous, nobody has ever ever accosted me for my laptop. I walk around with is under my arm sometimes because I'm lazy. Maybe if you were walking around at 9pm by yourself someone might grab it.. but what are the chances. :p

heavy laptops are generally more powerful though, that's the only regret I have. but then i have an uberkomputer at home (well.. to me it is! i still don't have a gfx card!) so i don't need the extra functionality.
so if its not dangerous to carry around in uni. what abt. in trains and stuff?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I've never had it grabbed off me in a train either.. but I don't take it out on a train.
I know some people who watch dvds on trains :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by anti
I've never had it grabbed off me in a train either.. but I don't take it out on a train.
I know some people who watch dvds on trains :(

....and lectures! :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
hahaha yeah, i started watching bad boys 2 in a database lecture! pity i didn't have headphones on me at the time... :\

sunny

meh.
HSC
My most memorable COMP1721 lecture was when I sat at the back playing GTA Vice City when andrewt talked about binary numbers......ahh....that was my best lecture.

TheKey

HSC
When typing i touch type, but in games I fully press down and tap every now and then (NFS underground shifting gears) and make heaps of noise..

Dont people notice and get annoyed by the constant clicking noises of the keyboard, was anyone ever made to shut off their laptop because of it?

sunny

meh.
HSC
mmmm.....not that I know of. My keyboard is pretty quiet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)