does what school really matter? (1 Viewer)

Soulja

HSC
ino that rankings at different schools make big difference like if ur at james ruse and get an average rank its alot better then getting average a bad school. but as a whole how much does ur mark get affected by people at your school?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
um, not much? there are a lot of posts on this.

i've gone blank. i cant remember the arguments

bleh, i keep backspacing

mack

Banned
HSC
Well the idea is, an individual will turn in the same performance regardless, though their rankings may be different if they attend a high performing school like Ruse, they will still be the same person performing at the same level. Average ranks at Ruse vs average ranks at a bad school is too general to comment on-the candidature will vary each year. So a school does not receive scaling, it is the performance of your peers which will affect you. You can of course immunise yourself by ranking first in a subject.

Moral of the story: Anyone can can get any mark at any school. It is the individual which determines the marks, not the school and how good/bad it may have performed in the past.

Soulja

HSC
but if ur ranked preety shit in a sub like 5th or something but u got like 2 weeks to study just for that exam and u ace it, will ur assesment mark bring u down heaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)