Doing 14 Units for Year 11? (1 Viewer)

Noob1314

HSC
I was wondering if its possible to do 14 units for Year 11, like, I was planning to do

Adv. English
2U Maths
Matsh Extension 1
Bio
Chem
Beginners Jap Open High School
1U Psychology

and then I realised that I need to do Business Studies because I want to open a business when I grow up. So I'm planning to do all the subjects at school and Japanese Beginners Open High School, and thats 14 Units altogether. Is it possible to handle all the stress and do all the work in Year 11 if I do 14 Units?

I'm not doing 14 units for Year 12, Im dropping Business Studies and Psychology so I only have 11 units to do. But yeh...is it possible to handle 14 units, 8 subjects in Year 11?

staka_xx

HSC
Just a suggestion maybe don't worry about business and do a quick 6 month course at tafe after school because almost 99% of people that do it at my school hate it.

But thats just an idea don't take it too make a final decision it's your life do what you think you can handle and with 14 units you can drop business at anypoint in year 11 because you only 12 units to complete the year.

alax dillon

HSC
i did fifteen units in year eleven. trust me, it equals no social life, and no sleep. i was able to handle it till about september, but then i became so physically exhausted that i had to be taken to hospital.
i wouldnt recommend it, even though i did keep going like that until the beginning of this year. its very stressful but it is doable.
if you want a social life, then dont even bother doing that stuff.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on how intelligent you are, and how good you are at picking up new content. I did year 11 with 14 units, and 2 of those were via distance education. So it's definitely possible. I found my social life stayed in tact, and the work load was manageable. However, I wouldn't reccommend anything more than 14-15. That'd just be pushing it IMO.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Open High School wont let u to have more than 13 units, thats the policy of OHS. if u do so, the subject that u are doing in OHS will automatically been drop, so u have to drop one of the subject in school to able to do japanese beginners in OHS.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering if its possible to do 14 units for Year 11, like, I was planning to do

Adv. English
2U Maths
Matsh Extension 1
Bio
Chem
Beginners Jap Open High School
1U Psychology

and then I realised that I need to do Business Studies because I want to open a business when I grow up. So I'm planning to do all the subjects at school and Japanese Beginners Open High School, and thats 14 Units altogether. Is it possible to handle all the stress and do all the work in Year 11 if I do 14 Units?

I'm not doing 14 units for Year 12, Im dropping Business Studies and Psychology so I only have 11 units to do. But yeh...is it possible to handle 14 units, 8 subjects in Year 11?
Depends if your willing to commit more time and effort. If not, don't bother kid.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Of course you CAN do it, but it will be ridiculously hard/stressful to the point where you shouldn't do it.

Stick to 13 MAX

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
i did fifteen units in year eleven. trust me, it equals no social life, and no sleep. i was able to handle it till about september, but then i became so physically exhausted that i had to be taken to hospital.
i wouldnt recommend it, even though i did keep going like that until the beginning of this year. its very stressful but it is doable.
if you want a social life, then dont even bother doing that stuff.
only if you actually do all your work. but some people can manage the stress of many units better than others, I guess. I didn't find it that bad.

realised that I need to do Business Studies because I want to open a business when I grow up. So I'm planning to do all the subjects at school and Japanese Beginners Open High School, and thats 14 Units altogether. Is it possible to handle all the stress and do all the work in Year 11 if I do 14 Units?

why would you do business studies in yr11 to open a business if you intend to drop it in yr12 anyway? o__o like staka said, there are other options that might be easier and more convenient than a prelim course.

Open High School wont let u to have more than 13 units, thats the policy of OHS. if u do so, the subject that u are doing in OHS will automatically been drop, so u have to drop one of the subject in school to able to do japanese beginners in OHS.
unless they never find out. which is my case. just conveniently forget to mention one of your subjects when applying, and they'll never know :p

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I've got a friend who currently does 16 Units - it means that they can't do as well as they want, and they have hardly any free time.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I've got a friend who currently does 16 Units - it means that they can't do as well as they want, and they have hardly any free time.
Thats a "no brainer", drop 4 units. Problem solved.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
They might not know which ones to drop though. They may have broad interests. They can spend the time in year 11 working it out.

Sammy2011

HSC
14 units is achievable.

I'm currently doing 15 units, and while I'm rather stressed, its just all about time management. As long as you find time to enjoy things that can help you relax (Exercise, friends, family, reading), you'll survive.

That being said, I can't wait to drop to 12 units next year :)

alax dillon

HSC
14 units is achievable.

I'm currently doing 15 units, and while I'm rather stressed, its just all about time management. As long as you find time to enjoy things that can help you relax (Exercise, friends, family, reading), you'll survive.

That being said, I can't wait to drop to 12 units next year :)
are you going to be picking up extension two english?

you will love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)