Doing option by myself? (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
OK so my skool has decided to do forensic chemistry as an option and i f**** hate it.
its just that i dont understand AMINO ACIDS AND PROTEINS AND CARBOHYDRATES at all. I didnt pay any attention in science before this year.

anyways so i looked at industrial chem and its more up my alley. so i was wondering should i just do industrial by myself, getting the prac reports of someone from another skool who does industrial or should i stick with forensics and fukin fail.

Portrayal

HSC
OK so my skool has decided to do forensic chemistry as an option and i f**** hate it.
its just that i dont understand AMINO ACIDS AND PROTEINS AND CARBOHYDRATES at all. I didnt pay any attention in science before this year.

anyways so i looked at industrial chem and its more up my alley. so i was wondering should i just do industrial by myself, getting the prac reports of someone from another skool who does industrial or should i stick with forensics and fukin fail.
mayb u should lrn to science fuck ur retarded

enoilgam

HSC

I'm not sure about chemistry specifically, but I know many people study their own option topics as opposed to the ones their school does. If you feel that you can get a better mark with this topic then you should definitely do it. Although its late in the year, you probably have enough time to learn it for the final exams

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I'm not sure about chemistry specifically, but I know many people study their own option topics as opposed to the ones their school does. If you feel that you can get a better mark with this topic then you should definitely do it. Although its late in the year, you probably have enough time to learn it for the final exams
well my skool just started forensics anyway, so i wuld have the same time for both, so if like u say other ppl do a diff topic, im going to go ahead and do industrial. tnx.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Err... yeah - you're gonna stuff up your school assessments if they start doing assignments for Forensic and you're doing Industrial.

Also, Forensic is cool =(

Alkanes

HSC
Hm wtf are you allowed to pick your options even though your doing a different one to your school? So say my school is doing shipwrecks but i want to do industrial and i self study it, its ok?

enoilgam

HSC
Hm wtf are you allowed to pick your options even though your doing a different one to your school? So say my school is doing shipwrecks but i want to do industrial and i self study it, its ok?
Yes, although if you chose to do another option at the begining of the year, you must get permission from your teachers. However, if its before the trials or HSC, you generally dont have to, especially if your school orders their trial papers.

However, like I said before, I'm not sure about chemistry specifically, but at my school they allowed you to do different options for Legal and Modern (but they had strict standards, ie - only the most capable students were allowed)

Alkanes

HSC
Ahh kk cos for bio i want to do communication but my school is doing human story.. and i don't really like it.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Err... yeah - you're gonna stuff up your school assessments if they start doing assignments for Forensic and you're doing Industrial.

Also, Forensic is cool =(
we start forensics after trial, so i only need it for hsc.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Then in that case, it shouldnt be an issue. Just make sure you have the resources you need.
tnx im getting this ruse guys notes, i have his core module notes and they have all the modules and i think he did industrial so i should be able to use his prac write ups and notes. Also the students guide to hsc chem comes with industrial chem option so i should be set.

Memi

HSC
N/A
Wish I did another Chemistry option topic independently. FFS, Shipwrecks is awful. Glad that at least my Bio teacher chose a good option.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh kk cos for bio i want to do communication but my school is doing human story.. and i don't really like it.
Communication is the best. Did it in term 4 last year and I did shit in the assignment because it was a model and I did it the night before. But in all the tests I've gotten full marks for it. Except 1 off for not putting a heading on a table which is skills not actually communication anyway.

we start forensics after trial, so i only need it for hsc.
Then is no problem. Your teacher doesn't even need to know. :L

Skyzor

HSC
Yeah pretty much, no one can stop you from answering a different question/option in the HSC...

I did a different option for legal studies and my teacher was pretty cool with it. After going through it all i wouldnt recommend it primarily because you are bound to lose motivation after a while. On the plus side i was exempt from class work and homework, lol

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
If you have the balls to, then do so.
r u saying it is a dangerous thing to do? bcuz if i do industrial, ill have three diff reference points: DPs notes, the students guide to HSC chem and my textbook. but with forensics, i only have one, the textbook.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
No, if you have the right resources and motivation - you can do it. You have the material covered, David Pham's notes.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't go to Hurlstone. But yes, they do Industrial and Medical physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)