doing Standard English was the worest mistake in my life (1 Viewer)

Steven88

HSC
N/A
well everyone says that you cant go good in standard...its capped and crap....well im doing standard coming first with an average of 91...im just waiting for the trials now.....i come from a low ranking in state school.....i think like half the class of 66 is failing and the rest isnt do to well.....so how much will this scale me down.....i think ill be scaled form 90 to around 70.....omg how bad is that...all that hard work and its gone down the drain!!

richz

lol u must be good at english :p, "my worest mistake"

Last edited by a moderator:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Steven88 said:
well everyone says that you cant go good in standard...its capped and crap....well im doing standard coming first with an average of 91...im just waiting for the trials now.....i come from a low ranking in state school.....i think like half the class of 66 is failing and the rest isnt do to well.....so how much will this scale me down.....i think ill be scaled form 90 to around 70.....omg how bad is that...all that hard work and its gone down the drain!!
OMG! I know just how you feel. What makes it worse for me is that although I'm only in year 11 at the moment, my fuckin princpal won't let me change despite the fact that I killed the majority of the Advanced people in the Area of Study. I've regretted not changing schools and not applying for Advanced in the first place. I feel so humiliated when old friends who had changed to other schools to do Advanced are fuckin showing off how good they are doing.
I'm going to make sure I forget those huge mistakes and regrets I did at Year 10. Once I get outta uni, I will never want to speak of my HSC English again.
You've got a nice mark. I probably won't even come close to your mark; my school marks so fuckin hard, that half the grade fails in both Standard and Advanced.

Looks like we're not alone.....:(

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Steven88 said:
If you had chosen Advanced, you would've had the extra option of dropping down to standard after year 11 if you hated it.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
i suck at english, but i picked advanced anyways.. i think everyone should just start off in advanced.. then drop if u dont like it.
that's what i meant in the post above.

Cityboy

HSC
Advanced is a bloody hard course especially for those like me who hate english with every fiber of their being, I wish I could do standard but my school wont let me.

kow_dude

HSC
I did standard english and i dont regret it. It gave me plenty of time to study 4unit maths and other high scaling subjects which had a greater impact on my UAI. Scaling in standard and advanced is the same, it's just that it's harder to achieve marks in standard. For those who are stuck with standard, it's not the end of the world.

FinalFantasy

HSC
don't worry about standard english scaling u down, just make up for it w\ ur other subjects
the guy in our school last year did standard english and got 99.9

FinalFantasy

HSC
hahaha, well even if he didn't top it and gets only mid 90's in it, he would still get 99.xx
so standard english won't hurt u if u make up for it w\ high scaling subjects:p

FinalFantasy

HSC
velox said:
yeh but he did have to get exceptionally good marks in the others. And he got 98 right? So mid 90's is only like 3-4 marks less.
yea, mid 90's would be 3-4 marks less but MANY ppl got it as opposed to the 98

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)