Doing work at night (1 Viewer)

big_bang344

HSC
Should i be getting into the habit of staying awake at night, well pretty late, to do work. I mean, i generally don't like doing work in the daytime, but then when i do work at night, it seems SOOO depressing. Like, there's this weird evil/depressing feel towards doing to work at night :L I want to do work at night but yeah... Well, what do you guys think?

Clank_

HSC
Im guessing you find working at night depressing as you're tired. Find when you work best. If it's at night and you want to take advantage of this, make sure to adjust your sleeping pattern accordingly by sleeping in the afternoon/early night. It may take some time to get used to the pattern.

Dystocia

HSC
"Suffer now, and live the rest of your life as a champion".
personally, i don't think you should, but if that's how you work best then yes, i agree with what clank said.

big_bang344

HSC
Hmm.. i think i may start to develope a sleeping pattern soon. As year 11 is starting very soon and the subjects i pick might overload on me :L Sorry probably best for me to get used to working late at night to get ready for next year.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Savour doing nothing in Yr 10 for reals.

I'm confused by what you mean by working late at night. Are you talking ungodly hours like early AMs or just late PM?

michaeljennings

HSC
its always best to go to sleep when youre tired. You work less efficiently when youre tired you might as well sleep and wake up earlier than you would have if you had stayed up really late

powlmao

Banned
HSC
its always best to go to sleep when youre tired. You work less efficiently when youre tired you might as well sleep and wake up earlier than you would have if you had stayed up really late
Pretty much what people should aim for.

Sleep is very important.

Gigacube

HSC
Err...weird evil/depressing feel? I mainly study at night but I never get that feels. Have you tried studying in the morning? Some people work more efficiently at different times of the day so you should try & find what time suits you best.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Err...weird evil/depressing feel? I mainly study at night but I never get that feels. Have you tried studying in the morning? Some people work more efficiently at different times of the day so you should try & find what time suits you best.
My favorite time varies.

Usually 4-7pm or 7-10pm

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I use to do 4AM to 7AM but its too cold in the morning now.

HSC
Uni Grad
I found I was most productive between like 7 and 12pm, whatever suits you and your lifestyle will be best for ya.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, do you actually feel sleepy in the morning? Or are you just a morning person that sings and enjoy life every morning?
It is effective for me. Quiet and minimal distractions, i.e. no one is on this site at that time. lol

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
4 AM is an ungodly time for either getting up or staying up really. Sleep time.

I don't like staying up past 3:30 AM haha. Stay up till 4AM or later and you feel weird.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
It is effective for me. Quiet and minimal distractions, i.e. no one is on this site at that time. lol
lol I agree about the distraction part, but I just can't get the motivation to get out of bed when I'm sooo sleepy! I'm like "just 5 mins..." Then the 5 turned to an hour and never returned XD

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
4 AM is an ungodly time for either getting up or staying up really. Sleep time.

I don't like staying up past 3:30 AM haha. Stay up till 4AM or later and you feel weird.
Because 30 mins is such a big difference XD
I can't make myself stay past 2 :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)