Dot point Book (1 Viewer)

anulik

HSC
Do you find dot point book useful, when preparing for exams? Or generally are they useful? I am not sure which one is better Success One or Dot point.
My question is : Is it worth to spend time on doing Dot point question? Or better to do just past papers?

mioumiou

HSC
Do you find dot point book useful, when preparing for exams? Or generally are they useful? I am not sure which one is better Success One or Dot point.
My question is : Is it worth to spend time on doing Dot point question? Or better to do just past papers?
Get both!! :)
I've replied your other thread in the Biology section, you're doing 3 sciences so it would probably be the same!! :)

DOt point Biology?

Good luck with studying!!

anulik

HSC
Thanks mioumiou for the reply! yeah I just saw your post! But different subjects require different study methods, so Dot point might be useful for bilogy but not for chemistry.
I got concerned cause my chem teacher told that they are not that great for chemistry

mioumiou

HSC
Thanks mioumiou for the reply! yeah I just saw your post! But different subjects require different study methods, so Dot point might be useful for bilogy but not for chemistry.
I got concerned cause my chem teacher told that they are not that great for chemistry
really? but I think past papers would be the BEST!!
BTW, I've posted up all the links for the past papers for Chem, Physics and Bio, Ext.1 & 2 maths in the Bio section that you've just posted a questions.

Here you go:
DOt point Biology?

Enjoy!! (that might keep you busy for a while :p
And good luck with your studies!!

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Saw your post in Biology too.

For each science, Dot Point has different authors and different formats. The same goes for Creelman past papers.

Dotpoint:
Chem: Fairly good, though imo time is better spent doing past papers. Authors Marilyn and Schell have put lots of effort into making this book, and it shows.
Biology: Quality slightly less than Chem, still worth looking at in the library.
Physics: Poor questions, one-liner answers. Shadwick is lazy and a dumbass, don't buy his books.

Creelman:
Biology: Really good. The questions are arranged in syllabus order. The answers are succinct, detailed, accurate and provides a marking criteria. Highly reccommend you get it.

Chemistry: Fairly good. At least it blows all other past paper books from the water. The questions are arranged by topic, and not by syllabus order, so this might cause a few annoyances. Nonetheless the solutions are pretty good so I would look into it.

Physics: Its okay. Again, the questions here were arranged by topic, not syllabus, so it might cause a few headaches. The answers are a little lacklustre when it comes to extended responses.

mioumiou

HSC
Physics: Poor questions, one-liner answers. Shadwick is lazy and a dumbass, don't buy his books.
LOL, but make sure the author won't see this post or otherwise he/she will be disappointed. (btw, I don't do Physics, so I don't know about the author :p)

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Dot Point books are to vague.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)