Double Degree and GPA (1 Viewer)

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
Sure this has been asked b4 but cant be bothered to search

Say u do a double, eg Comm/law and your very good at your finance major within your comm degree eg HD average however your only getting C's/P's in law, does your overall GPA get brought down by your law grades or are you given two separate degrees with their individual averages at the end?

Eg- if u wanted to work in finance and ur really smart at finance will firms be able to see this or will they only see your overall GPA which may be average due to law. How does it work if you did the degrees separately ie Comm (finance) then grad law?

Thanks in advance

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
SurferNerd said:
Sure this has been asked b4 but cant be bothered to search

Say u do a double, eg Comm/law and your very good at your finance major within your comm degree eg HD average however your only getting C's/P's in law, does your overall GPA get brought down by your law grades or are you given two separate degrees with their individual averages at the end?

Eg- if u wanted to work in finance and ur really smart at finance will firms be able to see this or will they only see your overall GPA which may be average due to law. How does it work if you did the degrees separately ie Comm (finance) then grad law?

Thanks in advance
GPA is normally worked out over all so yes the C's and P's would be reflected in your GPA. I'm not sure how it works with graduation but thats how it works as you go through your degree. Keep in mind employers generally also ask for an academic transcript so they can see where your talents lie.

I currently have two GPA's one overall and one for law but i think the law one is there purely to gauge honours eligibility and eligibility for law subjects which require a specific GPA in law units only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)