Double degree or not? (1 Viewer)

raven2000

HSC
I want to do B commerce- Accounting at Macquarie. And then i saw B business administration with B commerce- Accounting, only at the cost of one extra year. (PS i know there is accounting + finance and accounting + actuarial, i dont want to do any of these)

Do you think its worth it? Im not really sure at the moment what type of jobs i might get through business administration, but it would be useful to have right?

P

pLuvia

I'm not sure about the job implications with regards to bus admin, but if you want to widen your knowledge towards that area then doing a double degree might be a nice idea. Also you may want to have some subjects that aren't ALL accounting related, because that may be a bit dull at time

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
I think in the end it really depends if you really know what you want to do later on with your career in regards to your degree. Most people do B comm accg/B app finance because later on they can choose whether if they want to do accounting or finance.

So in my opinion double degree yes if you are unsure on what you want to do yet, but if you're sure you want to become an accountant and do a CA later on then the double isn't really too useful

Donotsmoke

HSC
haha~
I will complete my accg degree this semester and I am not sure what job I want to do.
Now I am considering the following
Is it worth to do Master of Applied finance or apply for the 2nd degree- Applied finance?
Since I can't get all 68 CP exempt from my accg degree when I apply for the 2nd degree. So my fd just advise me to do Master of applied finance but I just worried about the Master course is hard or not.
thx~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)