Dr Du Practice Tests (1 Viewer)

austenau

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am a year 8 student, going into year 9 this year (2024), moving from a private school in Canberra to a partially-selective school in Sydney. I'm not exactly sure what I should be expecting in terms of academics and am therefore signing up for Dr Du tuition. The entrance test is coming up soon and I'm not entirely sure what I should prepare. I've been doing some math practice tests from THSC Online from different schools but I'm not sure if I should revise for anything else.

If anyone knows any websites I can get good practice papers for free, for the Dr Du entrance test, I would highly appreciate it. I would also appreciate any tips for transitioning between the education system in Canberra to Sydney.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Hi everyone,

I am a year 8 student, going into year 9 this year (2024), moving from a private school in Canberra to a partially-selective school in Sydney. I'm not exactly sure what I should be expecting in terms of academics and am therefore signing up for Dr Du tuition. The entrance test is coming up soon and I'm not entirely sure what I should prepare. I've been doing some math practice tests from THSC Online from different schools but I'm not sure if I should revise for anything else.

If anyone knows any websites I can get good practice papers for free, for the Dr Du entrance test, I would highly appreciate it. I would also appreciate any tips for transitioning between the education system in Canberra to Sydney.
You need to know some integration at the least. Also, I recommend learning complex numbers and mechanics.

s97127

HSC
Hi everyone,

I think you should learn some y9 content but do not worry too much about it as you have plenty of time to move to A1 class.

moonsuyoung

HSC
LMFAO BUT UH for realsies try to learn
  • algebraic techniques (view year 11 advanced Cambridge instead of year 9 Cambridge and they'll how to do this) E.g, difference of two squares, sum of two squares, completing the square, quadratic formula.
  • Quadratic equations
  • Trig (Pythag)

thisas

HSC
wait y does no one at baulko do dr du they only do ngo and sum do kurt

thisas

HSC
where do you think the girl (Angie Wang) who sr 1st in 4u and 2nd in 3u went huh? Dr du ofc
ik lil bro that's what im saying they dont go to it even when its got all state ranks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)