Drama group performances (1 Viewer)

SituationNoir

HSC
Our group had an idea. It was good, reasonably sound and then three group people wanted to change, I didn't. STRESS!!
It's difficult. It's been changed now and everyone is reasonably happy. I personally don't think our new idea is as sound as the other one we had..but what can you do!?

Argh.
Ah well.
It's all sort of coming along though. We had one major spaz, but that was about it. It's difficult though, because there's some strong performers in the group and then there's some not so strong. Some people's ideas are just too abstract or their not good at all and its hard to explain that without offending people.
Ack!

Ehrenkills

HSC
We never chose a stimuli, just started writing and hoped we could link it later.... We've had three different ideas, and we keep changing... And the rest of my group always relates what we're doing to "Scrap It", even though it has nothing to do with it!

SuGaSuGa204

HSC
i am in the only mixed group in my class (i'm with two guys) and at first we started with once in a blue moon. But we hit a dead end totally, so we decided to start again and i came up with our idea for 1815 as a war unit. All in all our group is quite good together, we can sit down and improv and just go off each others idea and really make a scene :D the other two groups, haven't come up with anything! and we have our trial on friday! usually half of them never show up to class so i got really lucky to be with my group!

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Well, I am fairly happy with my G.P and the way it has turned out.

Our teacher chooses our groups for us, although we get to hand in a sheet of paper with two people in our class who we really would like to work with. So. On the last day of term two we got told our groups. There were four people away though, so most of the people who were at school altered and changed the groups to what they wanted.

This caused some problems because some of the people who were away hated who they were with thus resulting in an all out war. Meanwhile during the holidays while everybody was bickering over who was in what group, my group (myself and three guys) all got together and worked really hard and came up with a pretty good concept with an awesome social message behind it which allows for a lot of techniques.

We got back to school and then there were more issues because everybody wanted to change groups BUT us. (And people were getting angry because our group was apparently 'the best group' and we all got our preferences). It resulted in everybody getting screwed around BUT our group.

There were two groups of 5, and ours was a group of 4. While other groups have spent a term coming up with a concept we basically have a lot of our GP done, and what we haven't done we have thoroughly planned out.

Sometimes it is fairly difficult being the only girl in a group of three guys. There is a great deal of testosterone involved and it is seriously annoying because I feel out numbered and we we meet up outside of school they say a lot of 'housewife' jokes. Sometimes I like it because I whip them all into shape.

It is hard, because there is one person in our group who has little to no attention span and isn't as strong as the rest of us, but I think he is learning a lot and in some ways I enjoyhaving him there. He is very good at the physical side of things as well.

Our stimulus was 'Comfort Zone' but we seem to have done it completely differently from everybody here. We played 'Space Jump' and then the idea randomly came up and we just realised that it best fit 'Comfort Zone.'

I think I am really lucky to like, and get a long with, my group memebers because it would be a real problem if we didn't. Nobody really wants to spend their HSC doing something that they don't really want to do and doing it with people that they absolutely hate.

We are at the point now where we are attempting to work it so that it fits the entire marking criteria.

YAy...xx

goosiegoo

HSC
We've got our drama final progress report tomorrow, for our group and it's going quite well. It's a bit risk-ily long (we timed it and it was, performed rather fast, 11 minutes 55 seconds, hehe) so... we may need to cut it down before the actual performance, but other than that i'm very pleased with it... just need to perfect it and everything... huzzah!

M3E3L3

HSC
well my gp is coming along nicely im in a group of 3 and with 2 girls i get along with so there was no delamas there allthough our teacher picked our groups based on 2 people we wanted and 1 we didnt wannawork with our stimuli is 1815 and our idea came about fairly quickly im having fun and thats the most important thing although it is a group piece u get an individual mark on how well u work with ur gorup members our piece goes for about 6 mins and we dont have an ending just yet but were getting close im sooo excited!?!

SouperGirl121

HSC
In my class we wrote 1 person we wanted to work with, and one we didn't, and then the teacher decided. There's only 6 in my class, so that was easy, 2 groups of 3. The group I was in was fantastic, we were able to bounce ideas off each other, we all contributed evenly, although there were some bitchy moments...Note to future Drama students- NEVER complain about a person in your logbook, especially if you forget it's in there, and then show ideas to that person the next day, and that person stumbles upon that entry. STUPID.

However, by the next day it was sorted. Working together has made us a lot closer, and better friends as not only were we group members for drama, but we supported each other through some tough things. And watched Doctor Who together. Ah...the memories (eep I'm reminiscing and it's only been a day since the exam.)

cassiecocaine

HSC
When I was told my group of three, I was really happy, but now I feel like I was put in the wrong group. I'm terrible at ideas, I would rather just improv a scene and work from there, but my group is so lazy and they never want to do anything! We had half a performance and wiped the whole thing, and now we have nothing and they don't even want to try, all we end up doing is bickering about it.

Garrr:burn:

hey
ours groups is doing a peice about technology, and we have hit a wall, we have about 8 minutes of performance which is good, but we have no drection its kinda just a bunch of scenes and we need something to tie it all together, and somethign that will give s charcters to adopt. there is 6 in my group which is reely hard to work with.
ne ideas?
:)
To tie it together, why don't you have a recurring motif or a line or a movement that has to do with what your doing and use it to indicate a new scene or a new time?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
To tie it together, why don't you have a recurring motif or a line or a movement that has to do with what your doing and use it to indicate a new scene or a new time?
lol. You just gave advice to someone who finished their GP two years ago. :)

Really, just try and get your scripting done as early as possible. Even if its got problems, you can always tweak it later. The main thing is to just have something you can work with.

cptsham

HSC
our group is doing scrap it, we've got a basic outline and that, and are working on a script, i videotape all the practices. its hard though because my class has like 19 people in it, so its not easy to get good practice in and the people im with arent my favourite in the world which sucks but i guess i have to live with it lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I can't believe scrap it is still on the list of choices. Has the list changed at all in four years?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's ridiculous. How those ideas are suppose to inspire new thought after that long is beyond me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)