DRAMA IP's : Help me please (1 Viewer)

xNICKxWORDLIFE

HSC
FIND A PIECE YOU ENJOY DOING!

This Is Very Important!

No matter how brilliant a piece should be, or how well you play to the style etc. You can not access full marks without it being a piece you enjoy performing.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You can not access full marks without it being a piece you enjoy performing.
You can. It's just harder. :) A lot of people end up hating their IP by the end of HSC. It's a natural progression. :)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
You can. It's just harder. :) A lot of people end up hating their IP by the end of HSC. It's a natural progression. :)
Agreed.
I love acting my character, but I got to this point where I was thinking "GOD DAMN IT! WHY DIDN'T I DO [insert random idea for monologue here]?"

So, don't be phased by that. I started off with a blind woman, which has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm doing now.
If finding a character doesn't work for you, maybe start with a theme that speaks to you, or ask yourself "What do I intend on showing the markers?"

But, goodluck :)
My IP is keeping me in contention for a band 5 in drama. My group is no way near band 5 material.

cassiecocaine

HSC
Especially when it comes down to topic content. If you do a incredible performance, but the piece wouldn't be suitable for a general audience, then chances are you won't get nominated.
Ouch, there goes my nomination hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)