Drop 2U Maths to General and keep 12 units? (1 Viewer)

ayeplus_

HSC
Hi everyone.

I'm having issues with whether or not I should drop from 2U maths to General maths.

1. Drop 2U to General?
I'm only doing 2U maths since it's assumed knowledge for Science courses in Uni. FYI, I am eager to do Science in University, but I'm significantly failing 2U maths with a rank of 26/32.
I'm not particularly good at maths and I'm struggling quite a bit (hence, I have a tutor), particularly in geometry and anything that requires proving.. I know I can do better with lots of practice, but I'm not sure if I can improve tremendously.
I know if I drop to General, I can easily attain a ranking in the top 10.
Oh, and my ATAR aim is 92-96..

2. Do history extension?
I'm currently doing Ancient History atm and I'm doing incredibly well with a rank of 1/24: I received 73/75 for the preliminary exam.
I'm not sure if I should do history extension because a lot of work is required for the major project.

3. Keep 12 units?
I know 12 units require a lot of hard work, but I want a back up in case I screw up my Chemistry, Biology and Maths..
But also, I see no point in 12 units if only your best 10 units will count towards your ATAR.
10 units seem appealing to me because I can focus more on my weaknesses and the subjects that require the most work: chemistry, biology and maths.
Right now, I'm slightly thinking of dropping biology (10/61), but I really enjoy it and I think it will be beneficial assumed knowledge for my science courses...

I'm not particularly good at sciences, but what if I work harder?
In a state of ambivalence right now...

Thank you!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi everyone.

I'm having issues with whether or not I should drop from 2U maths to General maths.

1. Drop 2U to General?
I'm only doing 2U maths since it's assumed knowledge for Science courses in Uni. FYI, I am eager to do Science in University, but I'm significantly failing 2U maths with a rank of 26/32.
I'm not particularly good at maths and I'm struggling quite a bit (hence, I have a tutor), particularly in geometry and anything that requires proving.. I know I can do better with lots of practice, but I'm not sure if I can improve tremendously.
I know if I drop to General, I can easily attain a ranking in the top 10.
Oh, and my ATAR aim is 92-96..
Well if you need it for uni, then keep it - just work hard at it. General Maths is worth zero at uni. And do you want to fork out extra money re-learning things you could've learned for free in a bridging course?

2. Do history extension?
I'm currently doing Ancient History atm and I'm doing incredibly well with a rank of 1/24: I received 73/75 for the preliminary exam.
I'm not sure if I should do history extension because a lot of work is required for the major project.
Try it, and if it gets too hard - drop it.

3. Keep 12 units?
I know 12 units require a lot of hard work, but I want a back up in case I screw up my Chemistry, Biology and Maths..
But also, I see no point in 12 units if only your best 10 units will count towards your ATAR.
10 units seem appealing to me because I can focus more on my weaknesses and the subjects that require the most work: chemistry, biology and maths.
Right now, I'm slightly thinking of dropping biology (10/61), but I really enjoy it and I think it will be beneficial assumed knowledge for my science courses...

I'm not particularly good at sciences, but what if I work harder?
In a state of ambivalence right now...

Thank you!
12 units? I did 14. It's called time management - if you do that, you can do whatever.

12 units gives you assurance that even if you stuff up in one subject, you know it's not going to count.

ayeplus_

HSC
Thank you!
I'll just work really hard these holidays and continue 2U maths. I'll see if I find 2U difficult then drop it.
Btw, did you do chemistry? If you did, do you know the assumed knowledge that is required from preliminary course for HSC?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I did Chemistry, it's just the basic stuff of moles and other stuff that was assumed. Just the terminology and method, sort of thing - iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)