Drop Biology or Physics?

• Biology

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Physics

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Dean S

HSC
So, I've been getting quite behind in year 11 (due to no study what-so-ever), and I was wondering what is easier to catch up in? Biology or Physics? I enjoy both subjects, but I'm VERY behind in Physics, as I thought I was going to drop that subject around the beginning of the year. But not so much in Biology, because most concepts are rather easy to grasp. However, I believe I was prefer Physics in the long run, because I'm not a fan of a lot of content, more of a problem solver. However, I struggle in Physics WAY more than Biology, due to no study and no effort in Physics.

Anyway, what's your opinion? Drop Physics or Biology? Am I trying to make a misinformed decision? Share your opinions, please!

michael127

HSC
Should probably keep physics, simply because you like it. The sciences are really a subjects that involves a lot of study. If your not willing to pull our weight you probably shouldn't be doing it. I did physics but like you i barely studied and got crap marks for it. But i found that i generally didn't like the subject and happened to only be doing it so i could get into engineering.

But honestly, if you like physics you should keep it. Generally if you like the subject you will find the motivation to study for it. Plus over the holidays, in particular the christmas/summer holidays do some catch up for year 12. The year 12 course doesn't inter-relate to the year 11 as much as you think.

Overall, your not finding the motivation to study, don't bother. Physics and biology are both subjects that need time in order to do well. If i was you i would drop bio, just cause from what people have told + my friends its a lot of work/content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)