Drop Business Studies or Ancient History? (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
okay well, i'm not particularly thrilled with either subject, for my half yearlies my marks were relatively similar, although ancient a little higher (9th for ancient and 12th for business studies). i'm definitely dropping one next year but having a little difficulty deciding which one i abhor more. all year i was convinced i was going to drop ancient, but now i'm leaning towards business.

so two main things will now determine my decision, which has better content in year 12 and which one scales better? any advice from the wise posters of BoS?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Ancient has better scaling.

From what i've heard, the entire business course is extremely boring and ancient gets better in yr 12 (but you should check to see if you'd enjoy the options your school is doing).

Overall, i suggest dropping business :)

0hNivlek

HSC
I dropped Business Studies after the preliminaries too. It wasn't the course which i disliked...it was the teacher.

cheese!

HSC
I'm extremely biased because I love ancient history, but I don't know anyone at my school that doesn't enjoy it.

The workload can get a bit heavy if you don't stay on top of it, but it's easy to catch up on.

I find the ancient content interesting, but thats just me. There's four topics that you cover with your teacher choosing 3 of them, so it's probably best to talk to them.

clue444

HSC
Ancient>Business, because it scales better, so if you have the same mark in both subjects, you will get more with ancient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)