Drop Chem or Ipt? (1 Viewer)

HSC
All of my prelim results were in the 80's but my 3U maths and Chem results were in the 40's. I'm not sure if i should drop chem and keep ipt considering that my marks for chem were in the 70's and 80's throughout the whole year. I am so worried now because I might fail in the hsc if I got in the 40's for chem but there might be a chance that I can lift my marks in year 12. I currently have 13 units so I have to drop something. I need 3U for uni. Should I drop chem or IPT? Please help!

HSC
All of my prelim results were in the 80's but my 3U maths and Chem results were in the 40's. I'm not sure if i should drop chem and keep ipt considering that my marks for chem were in the 70's and 80's throughout the whole year. I am so worried now because I might fail in the hsc if I got in the 40's for chem but there might be a chance that I can lift my marks in year 12. I currently have 13 units so I have to drop something. I need 3U for uni. Should I drop chem or IPT? Please help!
What are you planning on doing at uni?
I'd recommend sticking with what you're better at, personally, unless you know or think that chemistry is essential for your uni course as well

RyanT7

HSC
Wait until your first assessment and make the appropriate decision then, unless you are confident you can lift your chemistry marks back up, and in that case you should drop IPT

HSC
The course I am doing in uni has nothing do with chemistry lol I am just doing it because it is high scaling and i am interested in it. I find it very difficult to concentrate in IPT because I find the teacher really boring but I find the textbooks very interesting - the only problem is they're mostly outdated. It is very difficult to find resources for IPT but there are plentiful of resources for chemistry. Lol this is such a hard choice.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
80 in IPT vs 40 in Chem gives you an additional ~30 marks to your aggregate.

You'd need more than ~57ish in chem for it to scale better than an 80 in IPT.

I'm normally one for advocating not dropping subjects, but unless you think you can improve in chem, IPT would be better for your ATAR, and you'd also get more time (Chemistry takes a while to study).

As for MX1 vs Chem, if you're achieving similar marks, maths scales better, except at the very very high end (95+)

Mosski

HSC
I agree with KingOfActing, I do both Chemistry and IPT. Sadly my IPT teacher isn't that good but the subject will help for the course I want to do at university plus I like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)