Dropping a unit (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I really don't want to do marketing- So how do I drop the unit so that I don't have to pay the HECS fees for it? Does anyone know what proceedures I have to go through?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
if you are second year have a look at estudent and you should be able to do it from there. otherwise you will need to got to the E7B building place where there are millions of computers at the start of the semester and fill out a change of program sheet, get it signed by head of department and then get it changed by one of the dudes at the computers at said E7B building.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Can I do that at any time, or does it have to be done asap?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Before the HECS census date I think, which is around the end of march at usyd, probably similar at MQ.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah what he said.. before the hecs census date...

if your looking to also add another subject to replace marketing, you should do that in the first week so that you don't need to get signatures....

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
jlh said:
yeah what he said.. before the hecs census date...

if your looking to also add another subject to replace marketing, you should do that in the first week so that you don't need to get signatures....
but being first year, I still have to get signatures to drop it in the first place?

I know what I want to do to replace marketing, so I can drop it and pick up something else (keeping in mind if there's a place in the unit I want) at the same time?

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm pretty sure you have to get signatures if your first year.

on the form it will let you add and drop units..
so i guess you will only need one signature from the division...

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
and I have another question... in my econ111 lecture, I've chosen one lecture that isn't in the same stream as the other two, if I change it on e-student, does that mean it automatically takes me out of one lecture and into another? or do I have to go to the computer place and do it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You have to get signatures if you plan to use the Change of Program sheet i thought.

If you want to unenrol outside of that, you can use estudent, the only time you would use the change of program outside of first year is if you need permission, ie waivers or overloading

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
so wait.. if I change the times on e-student, it will automatically take me out of one lecture and into another?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you are only allowed to be scheduled in one class for each activity...

so you can be in 2 lecture1 classes... the system won't let it... you won't be able to schedule the the same lecture at a different time if you're already in one..

is that what your asking?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
jlh said:
you are only allowed to be scheduled in one class for each activity...

so you can be in 2 lecture1 classes... the system won't let it... you won't be able to schedule the the same lecture at a different time if you're already in one..

is that what your asking?
so.. how do I get out of one lecture and into another?

I just need to change the time of two of my lectures because I made an error and have one lecture from the third stream of lectures and two from the first and I need them all to be third.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
to change the time, make sure there is space in the lecture you want to change to.
once thats confirmed, go to the lecture you want to get out of, click on unregister or soemthing, then register in the time you want...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
1. the 2 lectures in third stream should have a place free. check that.
2. just unregister from the first stream lecture and register in the third stream one.

you might not be able to do this cause you are frist yr?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
yeah there's no unregister button, just register.. so I still have to go to that place with all the computers and do all of it there?

this would of been much easier if that stupid guy at the timetable checking wasn't so insistent that I do marketing and then I wouldn't of had to rearrange my timetable yet again. and yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)