Dropping business.. (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
I am currently doing 12 units and I was hoping to continue all 12 units for the HSC course.
However, I am finding business boring and I absolutely hate my teacher. I also have a big assessment task due soon, and I have been putting it off to do other subjects.

What do you guys think I should do? Drop it before the assessment? I will get much more study-periods which will be helpful. But I do hear, that to stand a good chance at getting into uni, you should be doing 12 units for backup.

jaaaaay

HSC
I did 9 units in year 12, because I finished 2 units in year 11 (Accounting); and my friend who was doing 10 units in year 12 got a 99+ UAI. If you despise it, drop it. Better focus your time on your other subjects in my opinion...

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
louise08 said:
I am currently doing 12 units and I was hoping to continue all 12 units for the HSC course.
However, I am finding business boring and I absolutely hate my teacher. I also have a big assessment task due soon, and I have been putting it off to do other subjects.

What do you guys think I should do? Drop it before the assessment? I will get much more study-periods which will be helpful. But I do hear, that to stand a good chance at getting into uni, you should be doing 12 units for backup.
I don't believe in all those '12 units, 2 as backup' thing. It doesn't matter if you do 10 units, as long those 10 units consist of subjects which you're sure you're gonna do well in.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
louise08 said:
. But I do hear, that to stand a good chance at getting into uni, you should be doing 12 units for backup.
its helpful if you happen to be shit at a certain subject (but then why would you be taking it in the first place?) but if you put a lot of effort equally into all your subjects, it really does not matter.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
dropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropitdropit

madsam

God among men
HSC
i kept it as a back up throughout year 11

got into year 12, was going to keep it

dropped it

best decision of my life

louise08

HSC
kaz1 said:
Drop it after the first assesment.
Wouldn't that be pointless to do the assessment then, if I am just planning to drop it anyway?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Just drop it. You're not going to find it any more interesting after the first assessment - even if you do do well in it. You might have an initial impulse to keep it, but that'll wear off after a while, replaced by the loathing you'll have for your teacher. :p

proringz

HSC
I was in a similar position with SDD last year. I ended up dropping it at the start Term 2008 - best decision educationally I have ever made.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
see how you go in first semester stuff with it, then decide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)