Dropping Ext2? (1 Viewer)

OzE Hindu

Is it a good idea? I am now becoming fairly sure that I want to drop this subject. Originally I took it up so that I'd have a safety net for maths so that my maths marks wouldn't count. But I'm finding the compositional process to be quite painstaking and I feel that I'd be better off dropping ext2 and investing my time in maths and other subjects. I have the ability to do ext2, just not the time and coping skills. Besides I'm already having enough trouble with maths. Enough said. Is it a good idea? My 'rentz said some crap about scaling too...:confused:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
the scaling for EE2 is good, but you have to do well in it. You can't get 20/50 and expect your scaled mark to be 49/50. It just doesn't work out that way. If you are not enjoying it, and won't ever enjoy it throughout the year, then don't do it. Plus, if you drop it and are able to concentrate on ur other subjects, that's a bonus.

It depends entirely on whether you will be able to cope with 4 unit in terms of enjoyment, like u said time and coping skills, and whether it's going to get u the marks you want.

You know yourself better than anyone else.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
In 2003, English Extension 1 scaled better than English Extension 2. I got 42 in EE1 and 43 in EE2 but EE2 didn't count in my UAI....

Saul

*ss
HSC
(it's probably her total mark)

Giant Lobster

HSC
You can't get 20/50 and expect your scaled mark to be 49/50. It just doesn't work out that way.
It does for ext2 math :D

as for the scaling for EE2, its crappier than ext1 math but im surprised at the sheer number of ppl getting 50/50 and 49/50 in this subject, compared to math... so yea

scaling doesnt really affect the end mark that much anyway

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah that was my HSC mark Ms 12... my exam mark was 37, my assessment was 49, so 43 was the average....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)