Dropping general maths? (1 Viewer)

elizasrank

Premium Member
HSC
I've been given the hard-drilled lecture by my mother and friends, but my maths teacher agrees with the fact that maths is really not my calling.

I am a bloody shocking mathematician, and have received poor results all year for the subject. (I know it's general, and it's reasonably simple. I manage to fail at it, anyway.)

Thoughts on dropping it? Apparently it's going to have a dire affect on my ATAR :\

freedom_awaits

HSC
Hayy,

well i'm in the same boat...i just dropped General Maths..as long as you have 10 units that you're relatively confident with, and Gen math is your lowest mark, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The only hassle will probably be if you choose a course that has heaps of maths related content, but that's a diffrent story. = )

Maths sux! :p

Jasmiineee

HSC
It depends how many units and what classes you are doing.
Im dropping Gen Maths soon, because don't worry your not the only one who manages to fail it, suppose my lack of effort for the stupid subject didn't help.

But your ATAR, will depend on your other subjects. Dropping it doesn't technically mean your atar will be lower, cause if you failed gen maths what would be the point in taking that to the hsc when it would scale horribly anyway. As long as you get pretty good marks in your other subjects you should be alright, just work, and revise.

Ask your teacher and careers advisor for help & if all else fails, there's always more then one way of doing things. Even if it takes longer, you'll still get there one way or another as long as you try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)