Dropping math AND science? (1 Viewer)

ourlifeis

HSC
Everyone's telling me it's a stupid idea - is it?

I'm failing at the moment, more due to lack of effort/interest than anything else. Mostly because I see both (math especially) as the most pointless crap ever.

So, would it be totally stupid to expect to get a 98+ with these subjects?

english ext 2
modern
ancient
legal studies
economics

:eek:

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Everyone's telling me it's a stupid idea - is it?

I'm failing at the moment, more due to lack of effort/interest than anything else. Mostly because I see both (math especially) as the most pointless crap ever.

So, would it be totally stupid to expect to get a 98+ with these subjects?

english ext 2
modern
ancient
legal studies
economics

:eek:
Nah that's reasonable. You'll have to be very good though, obviously.

EDIT: Modern and Economics scale very well, some of the best subjects. Ancient and Legal aren't great, but are still good enough. And Ext2 scales very well of course.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My friend got 2nd in our school without doing and Maths or Science. If you're in a high ranking school, it should be no problem if you put in the effort. And even if you're not, it's still quite possible.

ourlifeis

HSC
yeah, my school's ranked very high.

another question, cause i'm a dumbass - where is says the UAI is calculated from best 2 units of english + 8 other units... the 8 other units include any other units of english, right? haha.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it does. So if 4 of your best units come from English, then 4 will be included in your UAI

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
yeah, my school's ranked very high.

another question, cause i'm a dumbass - where is says the UAI is calculated from best 2 units of english + 8 other units... the 8 other units include any other units of english, right? haha.
Yes.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol well depends if you enjoy your other subject lol but it's obvious you don't enjoy maths or science, personally I would be dead if I picked some of your subjects like legal or history etc... and English lol,

But any UAI is possible with any combination of subjects as long as you do well in them, and for lower scaling subjects you need to do extremly well, but anyway, most high scaling subjects ate harder and require more effort, EX2 is a perfect example... 10,000 word essay or something!!

good luck

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Usually when one is not good at a subject one does not like it. People who are good at a subject usually like the subject. It's only natural.

I recall a niece declaring MX2 "boring"; that's a convenient label. If one is good at it one certainly won't call it "boring"; more like she wasn't good enough for it.

If you don't like maths & science perhaps you should think carefully whether or not you want to keep them. If you want to do Eco @ Uni later on your lack of maths is going to make that impossible.

Not being good @ maths or science is not a crime. There are many outstandingly successful community leaders who are that way and have yet achieved great things in other areas.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)