Dropping mathemtics (1 Viewer)

Oxrad

HSC
I've been struggling lately across the board for all my subjects this term. Even though my ranks are actually pretty good, my maths rank has dropped to 51/79......
With 12units, this really doesnt worry me however, ive been finding economics extremely difficult this term and im ranked 12/34. I've been thinking of dropping maths to focus on eco as maths is my worst subject and my future could possibly revolve around economics. Also the university of my choice is macquarie and mathematics is assumed knowledge for the accounting course so i really dont need to go into my hsc exams with the subject.

So what are your opinions guys?? Drop maths or keep it?
your advice will be much appreciated

2xL

HSC
Um assumed knowledge..kinda means you're expected to do the course? But meh, if you think it'll benefit your ATAR overall, then drop it and perhaps you can complete bridging courses afterwards (just a guess im assuming MacQ offers it).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If maths is assumed knowledge for what you want to do at uni... and you're not good at maths, you should reconsider if that's what you want to do at uni.

Because I know economics uses a good level of maths.

Oxrad

HSC
Well actually i want to get a Bachelor of Commerce degree in accounting.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh accounting maths is... really easy.

HSC
whats the problem with doing no maths in year 11 and 12
teachers make it seem complusory

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
really???
Yeah. I mean... think about it - what's accounting? You're basically just recording transactions. Basic multiplication, addition, subtraction... might get a bit more complex later - but from what I understand, the "hard" thing about accounting is knowing just the accounting principles and rules. The maths is secondary.

whats the problem with doing no maths in year 11 and 12
teachers make it seem complusory
Maths opens a lot of doors career-wise. But if you're not that way inclined, then don't do it.

Oxrad

HSC
so i really wouldn't be affected by dropping maths?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)