Drugs to stay up (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
It's not thaat baaad c'mon lol. Maybe a bit unethical but who's gonna know honestly (Unless you tell obvs)
I'm confused. What is everyone talking about - like what drug is this specifically?

Confound

HSC
I'm confused. What is everyone talking about - like what drug is this specifically?
Prescription drugs (to treat ADHD etc) i.e. Ritalin, Adderall, Modafinil etc used to boost concentration/focus/energy particularly for studying/work

EDIT:
Can confirm:

Pros: Will enable you to focus for long periods of time. Will make you forget to eat because you are too focused on what you are doing (Pro if you're trying to lose weight fast and dirty). Will make you very easily agitated towards people or things trying to break your focus (reinforces no one to fk with you once you are in your zone). Will give you a headache (Reminds you of the undesirable potential side-effects of prolonged use).

Cons: Undesirable side-effects from inappropriate use

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Prescription drugs (to treat ADHD etc) i.e. Ritalin, Adderall, Modafinil etc used to boost concentration/focus/energy particularly for studying/work

EDIT:
Can confirm:

Pros: Will enable you to focus for long periods of time. Will make you forget to eat because you are too focused on what you are doing (Pro if you're trying to lose weight fast and dirty). Will make you very easily agitated towards people or things trying to break your focus (reinforces no one to fk with you once you are in your zone). Will give you a headache (Reminds you of the undesirable potential side-effects of prolonged use).

Cons: Undesirable side-effects from inappropriate use
Oh right. Well I think most things are okay in moderation and after lots and lots of research :) A little bit of cocaine here and there could do wonders for your study.

Last edited:

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I tried to do 24 hours study every day in autumn 2013 for Bachelor of Business - I lost my appetite, had catastrophic weight loss, lost the ability to concentrate and was really agitated. I was study burnout and had no energy left in the tank. I then realised that I had to resign from Bachelor of Business at UTS otherwise my health would be in very bad shape. My advice put your health first. Without good health we are nothing. Go early to bed and early to rise.
i studied 24h every day last autumn to study for my Bachelor of Business at UTS, a top one per cent business school in the world, turned out alright (I think).

Last edited:

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Srs tho, I had a few mates who spent copius amounts of money on Ritalin. They didn't do any better than I thought they would. Personally, I did pop a fair few No-Doz and Red Bull, particularly before heavy writing exams such as Economics and English. I did the same for my maths trials, and felt incredibly stressed and jittery, ultimately hampering my exam performance. Since HSC, I haven't had a No-Doz tablet.

I always wonder tho, with "long-term sideeffects", what do they consider "long-term use"? If one was to use Ritalin consistently through examination periods once a semester, would they be considered long term users, and thus be susceptible to possible long-term impacts? Ultimately, I think the use of these drugs is often overblown, as an issue within society.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I used small amounts of dexamphetamine during my university degree.

I got them from a friend who was prescribed them for his ADHD. I typically used half his prescribed dose, 1 5mg pill daily when I felt it was needed, a very mild dose. I found the effect very similar to a standard dose of caffeine, but less harsh and volatile than caffeine, caffeine felt very 'rushy' a strong high, and the comedown from caffeine was harsh, amphetamines felt comparatively much milder and less unpleasant than caffeine (I have no caffeine tolerance).

It helped my ability to concentrate and study immensely. I have always had a lot of difficulty overcoming procrastination, distraction, and concentrating on work.

It has nothing to do with lack of sleep or avoiding sleep. After taking them a few times, I made a rule never to take them after 11am, they enabled me to do work in the middle of the day when I would struggle to otherwise, and I always got 8+ hours sleep at night. I had to do all-nighters occassionally for assignments of-course, but I never took amphetamines on those occasions, I find it a lot easier to concentrate naturally after 11pm for some reason.

There's nothing unethical about it, you still have to do the work and learn the information.

I haven't used them for several years now, and have suffered no adverse effects.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I used small amounts of dexamphetamine during my university degree.

I got them from a friend who was prescribed them for his ADHD. I typically used half his prescribed dose, 1 5mg pill daily when I felt it was needed, a very mild dose. I found the effect very similar to a standard dose of caffeine, but less harsh and volatile than caffeine, caffeine felt very 'rushy' a strong high, and the comedown from caffeine was harsh, amphetamines felt comparatively much milder and less unpleasant than caffeine (I have no caffeine tolerance).

It helped my ability to concentrate and study immensely. I have always had a lot of difficulty overcoming procrastination, distraction, and concentrating on work.

It has nothing to do with lack of sleep or avoiding sleep. After taking them a few times, I made a rule never to take them after 11am, they enabled me to do work in the middle of the day when I would struggle to otherwise, and I always got 8+ hours sleep at night. I had to do all-nighters occassionally for assignments of-course, but I never took amphetamines on those occasions, I find it a lot easier to concentrate naturally after 11pm for some reason.

There's nothing unethical about it, you still have to do the work and learn the information.

I haven't used them for several years now, and have suffered no adverse effects.

esaitchkay

HSC
Srs tho, I had a few mates who spent copius amounts of money on Ritalin. They didn't do any better than I thought they would. Personally, I did pop a fair few No-Doz and Red Bull, particularly before heavy writing exams such as Economics and English. I did the same for my maths trials, and felt incredibly stressed and jittery, ultimately hampering my exam performance. Since HSC, I haven't had a No-Doz tablet.

I always wonder tho, with "long-term sideeffects", what do they consider "long-term use"? If one was to use Ritalin consistently through examination periods once a semester, would they be considered long term users, and thus be susceptible to possible long-term impacts? Ultimately, I think the use of these drugs is often overblown, as an issue within society.
No-Doz = 100mg caffeine = 1 cup of coffee minus water/milk/sugar/whatever else you put in your coffee
In my opinion, staying calm, yet confident, before an exam is the best approach.

By "if one" do you mean "SWIM"? :p

stay natty brahs

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I tried to do 24 hours study every day in autumn 2013 for Bachelor of Business - I lost my appetite, had catastrophic weight loss, lost the ability to concentrate and was really agitated. I was study burnout and had no energy left in the tank. I then realised that I had to resign from Bachelor of Business at UTS otherwise my health would be in very bad shape. My advice put your health first. Without good health we are nothing. Go early to bed and early to rise.
Given the recommended number of study hours and what your peers were going through, what made you feel like you needed to study that much?

As I say to my team members at work- if you are feeling like you're always burnt out or exhausted, you're doing it wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)