• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dubai is on the verge of Sovereign Default and Bankruptcy (1 Viewer)

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
There's no beauty in the built landscape of Dubai. I think most skyscraper enthusiasts would agree it has one of the most godawful skylines in the world.

Humorous, because the Arabs strived to achieve Western greatness and went for the formulaic approach. Now it's ended up looking more like an attractive communist wasteland than a desert paradise.
Agreed. The place has no character.

It's just gone for bigger, gaudier and more outrageous.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Agreed. The place has no character.

It's just gone for bigger, gaudier and more outrageous.
Ah, who knows I guess. New York was once like that and there's still a monotone in its architecture to those who take a quick glance. Perhaps Dubai will amazingly transform itself into New York.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

will-anal

Banned
HSC
No Dubai is just full of wanks.

Who wants to buy a man made island in the shape of New Zealand? Or live in an apartment on a giant sand palm tree?

Bogans, because only cashed up bogans would find any of this tasteful.

I'd rather move to Europe and live in a 15th Century thatched roof hut.

noixe

HSC
i am amazed at how many ignorant assholes come on this forum... Dubai has gone bust, no doubt, but Abu Dhabi, another state which is part of the UAE has promised that they will repay the debts on Dubai's part if need be, it is part of the UAE constitution... Dubai's economy was never built on an economy from Oil, Dubai never had oil to begin with, it was Abu Dhabi that always had/has oil, and has reserves to last up till 2090 at the current demands....

Yes, most of them are curries, but they are labourers... unlike Australia, labour is cheap in the UAE... they don't take 2 months to make a frikkin bus stop, they make a 20 floor building in 2 months... And so what if they're defaulting? hasn't most of south america defaulted in the 80s/90s? hasn't most of east asia? and look at the development they had and look at the development in Dubai... their one side of the road is bigger than both the sides of Anzac Parade... be mindful of what you say...

HSC
N/A
i am amazed at how many ignorant assholes come on this forum... Dubai has gone bust, no doubt, but Abu Dhabi, another state which is part of the UAE has promised that they will repay the debts on Dubai's part if need be, it is part of the UAE constitution... Dubai's economy was never built on an economy from Oil, Dubai never had oil to begin with, it was Abu Dhabi that always had/has oil, and has reserves to last up till 2090 at the current demands....

Yes, most of them are curries, but they are labourers... unlike Australia, labour is cheap in the UAE... they don't take 2 months to make a frikkin bus stop, they make a 20 floor building in 2 months... And so what if they're defaulting? hasn't most of south america defaulted in the 80s/90s? hasn't most of east asia? and look at the development they had and look at the development in Dubai... their one side of the road is bigger than both the sides of Anzac Parade... be mindful of what you say...
dumb cunt

noixe

HSC
easier to throw taunts rather than reply eh? explain to me why stating facts makes me a dumb cunt... zionist...

noixe

HSC
why would you assume that i'm Muslim? i never implied i'm Muslim, just because i'm standing up for Dubai, in purely financial terms does not imply i'm Muslims... and yes, Israel means freedom, at the slavery of other nations.... no wonder Hitler beat your ass all over Europe... He was right to, was he not... however, i don't want this post turning into a hate post, lets stick to Dubai going bankrupt, how people's assumptions are wrong, and i'll try clearing them up... Or is that too much of a task for your little brain?

HSC
N/A
why would you assume that i'm Muslim? i never implied i'm Muslim, just because i'm standing up for Dubai, in purely financial terms does not imply i'm Muslims... and yes, Israel means freedom, at the slavery of other nations.... no wonder Hitler beat your ass all over Europe... He was right to, was he not... however, i don't want this post turning into a hate post, lets stick to Dubai going bankrupt, how people's assumptions are wrong, and i'll try clearing them up... Or is that too much of a task for your little brain?
stfu cunt face.

Hitler was a shit cunt as well. Israel vs Nazi Germany...Israel would kick ass.

stfu Palestine isnt even a country so lol

Dubai is shit as well. They have curry slaves...fuck that...Arabs still have slavery....god bless America to not have slavery and to implement freedom across the globe. <3 America

noixe

HSC
And again, i will not stoop to your level and diss Israel and their fanatic regime or America and their flawed view of "freedom and democracy" and how the whole world needs their help for the implementation of democracy and freedom... Point being, Dubai has asked for an extension on their debt, it has not yet defaulted... They will pay, that is certain... They cannot afford not to pay... Maybe not on time, 6 months late, but that in itself is a big feat... how many emerging markets have actually not defaulted on their debt payments? not many... people talk about Dubai because it's not in Europe... They should study the economy of Spain and Greece and what's happening there... if they aren't careful and don't take stringent measures, the Euro as a monetary union and as a currency will collapse....

HSC
N/A
cunt stfu. what do you know about currency. I did HSC economics...the S/D graph proves euro is strong

noixe

HSC
wow... HSC economics.... SUCH a feat, is it not? how old are you, 18? have you just finished HSC? can't believe i'm even trying to argue with an 18 year old... forget it, i'll just play along and tell you everything is fine, and that the Euro is super-strong and that it will never collapse, although Europe is not an OCA(optimal currency area) and the currency will not survive... but i'm sure an HSC graduate knows more than me, right?

noixe

HSC
and by S/D graph, do you mean a supply and demand graph of the Euro? so, you're saying that the Euro is strong, because the supply of the Euro in the FX market is equal to the demand? and that is what make's the euro strong? that isn't how you look at currencies... but you'll learn more once you move into university... where did you apply? doubt any of the Go8 universities would actually take you, also doubt you're a very bright student....

HSC
N/A
wow... HSC economics.... SUCH a feat, is it not? how old are you, 18? have you just finished HSC? can't believe i'm even trying to argue with an 18 year old... forget it, i'll just play along and tell you everything is fine, and that the Euro is super-strong and that it will never collapse, although Europe is not an OCA(optimal currency area) and the currency will not survive... but i'm sure an HSC graduate knows more than me, right?
listen cunt face. HSC economics teached me allot. ok.
and by S/D graph, do you mean a supply and demand graph of the Euro? so, you're saying that the Euro is strong, because the supply of the Euro in the FX market is equal to the demand? and that is what make's the euro strong? that isn't how you look at currencies... but you'll learn more once you move into university... where did you apply? doubt any of the Go8 universities would actually take you, also doubt you're a very bright student....
yeah I got into G8. im doing actural studies ok.
and stop being racist

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
And again, i will not stoop to your level and diss Israel and their fanatic regime or America and their flawed view of "freedom and democracy" and how the whole world needs their help for the implementation of democracy and freedom...
But you just did?

noixe

HSC
and obviously it taught you a lot, you didn't know anything before that... whatever you learnt in HSC seemed like WOW when you're in HSC... it's not hard... supply goes up, demand comes down... MAGIC isn't it? why don't you stick to the thread for a change....

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
stop being racist? seriously?

and it's called making a point Jonathan....
No. You were quite clearly just staging an attack on them, you could have just written "I will not 'diss' Israel and America," but you instead revealed your hate for them.

Ok, I'm going to try, and probably fail to end this. Let's just postulate, and say that your arguments are fluent, understandable pieces of prose. Which they're not. Even then you've been drawn in by and are arguing with a troll. Congrats, you've failed.

hollaholla

HSC
Lived in dubai meself for around 14 years:D:D:D . The education system isnt too good though thats why i came here for the hsc. Seriously Australia is naturally beautiful, but dubai is BUILT beautiful. Gosh the malls...buildings...sad to see it suffering atm. People are really nice there too but some of the arabs there are really racist(no jokes). You wont see any tattered, broken down buildings or cars. Everythings like, meant for kings ...to be frank. Its generally a safer place but recently crime has increased. If you want a luxurious peaceful holiday, Dubai is the place for you:) . Btw today is dubais national day.

HSC
N/A
Lived in dubai meself for around 14 years:D:D:D . The education system isnt too good though thats why i came here for the hsc. Seriously Australia is naturally beautiful, but dubai is BUILT beautiful. Gosh the malls...buildings...sad to see it suffering atm. People are really nice there too but some of the arabs there are really racist(no jokes). You wont see any tattered, broken down buildings or cars. Everythings like, meant for kings ...to be frank. Its generally a safer place but recently crime has increased. If you want a luxurious peaceful holiday, Dubai is the place for you:) . Btw today is dubais national day.
whats your ethnicity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)