• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dumbbell Question (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I see, so since my aim is for the muscles to get bigger, I will increase the weight and lower the reps ( to 8-12).

My back is straight, I saw my friend doing his curls and his arm was actually leaning infront of his torso, right on the edge though.
what workout is this exactly, bicep curls?
Thanks for all the help.

Now, what exercises can I do that focus on the tricep, deltoid and one that does the shoulders.

Thanks.
those above mentioned links are pretty good, the one with the body is better because i personally dont know what all the muscles are called, so you wont either most likely, and you can click on whatever u want and it'll show you how to work it out, only down side is that its got a penis in the pic (no penis workouts?).

a good one for delts are pushups, ive noticed good growth in my delts and chest because i used to do heaps of pushups, i used to do quick ones, 2 sets of 50 a day, morning and arvo, before and after school, then after a few weeks i'd increase by 10 till i was doing 1 set of 100 quick pushups every morning before school (cbf'd every doing it in the arvo's), but nowdays if i ever do pushups they're really slow, as in 3 whole seconds to go down and up, and go as low as you can while not actually resting on the ground, that way your muscles are under constant stress.

i can guarantee that will give you delts and pecs.

as for tricep and shoulder, look up in those links.

for triceps i do these:

http://exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Triceps/BBLyingTricepsExt.gif

Weighted Bench Dip

and for shoulder i do these:

Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Barbell Upright Row

Dumbbell Lateral Raise

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
So I been doing 3 sets of 11 eps for bicep curls ( 7.5kg), I don't feel anything.

Should I do more sets, say every 20 min do 3 sets?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if u dont feel anything then obviously increase the weight.

when i finish a workout i am thoroughly sore/numb everywhere, and my arms are sorta pulled inwards because biceps have been worked out, the next morning i am very sore and cant completely straighten my arm. This kinda pain would come from a good hard workout.

If u dont feel anything then increase ur weight and decrease ur reps to about 8-10.
Try 10 or 12.5kg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)