dumping lines (1 Viewer)

jen23

what kind of lines have you guys used either to dump someone or been told while being dumped? my boyfriend and i just had a massive fight which included us nearly breaking up because "he wasnt good enough and i deserve better". he said i wasnt happy with him and i deserve to be happy. hes worried he doesnt compare to my ex and i think it gets to him. eventully i convinced him that i was happy with him and that even if i could have my ex back i wouldnt want him and we made up and its all ok now, but yeah. got me thinking, break up lines. was that just a line, or was it real?

has anyone used the "its not you, its me" before and how did the other person respond?

Jase

HSC
" Welcome to dumpsville, population : YOU. " - Homer

I don't want to stir shit, but most of the time "it's not you, it's me" is just another excuse for no longer being interested in that person, not to mention it's the most clichéd line in all of soap opera history.

Of course, every case is unique, the thing your bf said was also pretty clichéd so i wouldn't worry about it. Probably an in the moment soap opera line to blurt out. Those kinda fights actaully end up in a stronger relationship. A break up is one that is thought through and usually starts like:
"We have to talk"
"I think, it's best for both of us, if we don't see each other again" *crying*
"no no.. it's not you, it's me!."
"I'm sorry, mabye we can still be friends?"
"You don't deserve me, you'll find someone better"
"I think deep down maybe we are just different people, and that I really don't want to end up hurting you or you hurting me."

And here is the lighter side of breaking up:

"I got involved with you to reassure myself that not all women were like my ex."

"OK, remember that girl who called from Germany in the middle of the night? Well it was my ex of a two-year relationship and we decided we were going to try to work it out...but she isn't in town until Saturday."
"Remember how I told you that I was first attracted to you because you look exactly like Jeff Goldblum? Well, I saw the fly last night on cable...and I'm just too creeped out to ever see you again."
"Don't get me wrong, I really love your boobs, but I thought they were real...now that I know they're fake I can't be with someone that shallow."
"How will I know I want to spend the next 50 years with you unless I date other people?"

"Listen, these bloody scratches on my back weren't caused by another lover, it was my 3-year old son."

"I love you but I love me more."

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
girl using my exes phone: who is this?
me: <insert exes name> girlfriend....whose this?
girl: ummm no your not, I'm his girlfriend

Candypants

I'm a terrible dumper. I'm not not straightforward (contrary to my usual self) and I ramble on and then cry and then get all indescisive and talk some more buttery crap and I don't know; I'm shocking.

I just hope maybe next he dumps me? For once?

Jezzabelle

I said that he didnt know me as much as he thought he did, that i was struggling with a lot of things and my counsellor says i needed to break up with him ...

etc

worked a treat

Caboodles

I just hate the dumping lines where they say they cant tell you why they are dumping you, they just say they dont like you...and that is all...

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
it's just not working out
it's not what i expected
it's not you it's me
i'm setting you free
you'd look better with somebody else...

i'm really sorryyy

you don't get on with my friends
it's the same problem we had last week
i miss every call for a boy's night out
you're lucky i'm leaving, you deserve better

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
SpoRTsGaL It's not ME said:
yeah ive had that one... it was so kind of him.

and ive been dumped without even being told before. was sitting in the car and he was looking at me weird then i said 'u wanna break up but ur not gonna say it are ya?' n he jus looked at me.. and i knew. stupid bastard. he could of at least had the balls to say it

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i've had

"i don't think this relationship is working out" (after ~2weeks)

and
"i need to study for my school certificate. but i still love you!" (......)

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
yeah dont you just love it when THEY cry when your being dumped, and your just like "shut the fuck up, your doing this to me here!"
and then you try and get on with life but they just wont talk 2 u and act all like 'fuck you' when you in actual fact have already gotten over it.

django_

HSC
wen i got dumped coupler years ago he was like oh i know this is an overused cliche....but im sorry, i dont mean to hurt u...ive changed, im a different person, i think differently...

so wen i had to break up with a guy last yr n didnt know wat to say....im sorry, i think differently now...things have changed, IVE changed.

ahaha getting dumped was ok in a way at least i had some ammo for next time :p

django_

HSC
haha the skool cert. was so fkn overrated lol 'its so important' blah blah blah yeh bullshit was so fkn easy!! lol study for it my ass hehe :p

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
my ex dumped me during a fight over the phone when the phone cut out and he msg'd me and said "fine its over"....though we kept sleeping together and hanging out for four months like a couple.
i dumped one of my ex's by telling him that he was too embaressing and immature, i was growing up and changing and needed someone down to earth and not being pathetic all the time. in the end him, and all our friends thanked me for telling him that cause he needed to grow up, he just didnt realise it.
and another one...i told my bf that he was too much and i didnt want him anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)