Dutch Politician Suggests to Ban the Quran (1 Viewer)

jimmayyy

HSC
Gosford said:
but the quran doesnt contain anything in it that makes it violent
that nazi book apparently does (never read it)
the whjole purpose of the NAzi book is bad

and the other half were out of context.
the Quran is a book of peace

hahahaha i'll leave it at that

jiggymcfizzle

pwner of a lonely heart
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
After defending it, it sounds like you're now describing religion as extraneous. Just an observation, obviously that's not what you intended, just after defending it, your post takes an inconsistent tone here.
Yeah looking back over it the whole thing is a generally a poor essay, not really to the point. You're pretty much the first person on this whose actually given me some form of insight, so cheers.

Monstar

HSC
lolol

Listen people:

I read some post that Islam forbids to hurt people, but there is obviously some interpretation on the holy book, that justifies these terrorists comitting their actions. Furthermore these terrorist movements are getting recruits, which obviously means that many also see the alternate interpretation on the quran.

Also this violent take on religion has also been taken by the christians back in the crusading days. As also previously mentioned, the KKK also justified their actions via religion i believe. So what im trying to get at here is, banning islam is not the answer. The root of the problem comes from religion itself, its so full of contradictions as which lead to deadly consequences. This stems from people trying hide behind religion as a excuse for violence.

shadowfilms

HSC
Oh not another one.

Yes, i agree, there are a lot of people out there who do some of the worst things humanity is capable of under the guise of religion, but that doesnt mean religion is to blame. It is human @#$%ing, error!
There are idiots out there who use religion as an excuse to do these things, it doesnt mean religion condones it. Most Christians are kind, caring and considerate people- but there are idiots out there who persecute others because of differences or blow up abortion clinics. Most Muslims are accepting, friendly and nice - but there are idiots who fly planes into buildings or blow up trains.
This is the same for every religion and faith, it isnt because of religion, religious texts (which are for the most part not meant to be taken LITERALLY, but are referring to metaphors on how to live a good life and help others)
or most religious leaders, there are just STUPID, MANIPULATIVE AND PREJUDICED PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. If religion were wiped out, they would use politics or scientific theory as an excuse instead.
And one last thing in my little tirade/rant, if u want to irradicate, mock or be critical about something that is different from your own point of view, THEN YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN THE MORONS YOU'RE AGAINST!

SouperGirl121

HSC
I feel the love on this thread. There are a lot of angry people. This is why etiquette workshops always tell people never to discuss religion, politics, or sex.
However it makes interesting conversation.

With every religion there are profiteers who take random passages out of context and manipulate them to justify their actions. Even if other parts of the same text condemn it. Take the KKK and white supremists. They took a passage from Genesis interpreted it to mean that white people were superior, thus justifying discrimination, segregation and murder. However, they completely ignored well known verses such as "You shall not kill," "Love your neighbour," and the book of James has an entire chapter devoted to why favouring one type of person, discriminating against another, is wrong.

It's not religion that screws up the world, it's people. People misconstrue passages to justify evil. People take bribes when they should be upholding justice.

All this religious discrimination and racism is just fear mongering, honestly because that's what people do. Instead of trying to fix the problem we try to fix blame.

And in response to imsickofyear12's "religion should be practised in private, not in public," it's impossible to separate the two. Religion is a personal belief, yes, but it is reflected in the way we live our lives, and we live our lives in public, unless you want to live under a rock.
You want to uphold "Australian Values", well one of those values, enshrined in our constitution is freedom of religion.
I agree with shadowfilms- [people]"would use politics or scientific theory as an excuse instead." Thus the conclusion of my argument. People screw things up, because we're not perfect, and some people don't even try to be. That's why God sent Jesus so we could be forgiven. Grace is better than punishment.

In my opinion, if people just forgave each other there'd be a lot less wars. Maybe it's naiive, but it's true.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Some people particularly terrorist take forgiveness as an incentive to encourage them to commit more atriocities. You must differentiate forgiveness in an ideal religious environement versus murderous terrorist ideals. ;)

beentherdunthat

HSC
PrinceHarry said:
Some people particularly terrorist take forgiveness as an incentive to encourage them to commit more atriocities. You must differentiate forgiveness in an ideal religious environement versus murderous terrorist ideals. ;)
/kill

I am your terrorist.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Ban Quran

iamsickofyear12 said:
I explained this already. I didn't say 2 billion people were terrorists. I said some are terrorists. The rest may not be terrorists but that is irrelevant - a large muslim population in a western country is asking for trouble... and that is why they should be banned.

No, that is not what it is like. It's like a muslim living in a muslim country saying that the catholic faith should be banned because a whole bunch of catholics moved in and demanded that country's laws and culture be changed because they don't like islam and sharia law.

This issue will have an impact on me so I have a right to be opposed to it. I have no problem with muslims living in muslim countries and doing whatever they want, as long as they don't bother me.
are you fucking pauline hansen??????????

are you part of the ku klux klan??

they have the same ideas as you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)