dux of school get prize? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Varies amongst schools...my school awards dux based on highest UAI and i found out today i got it. In my school, dux is presented at the graduation the following year so I wont be officially recognised until graduation of the class of 2005. As far as i know from what I saw at my graduation the dux gets a trophy, an award and gets to meet the member for our area which i have no clue who it is.

CrashOveride

HSC
Do you think its fair that a person gets dux even though they didnt sit any exams???

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
wtf? didnt sit the exams?

anywho... i got a certificate and a crappy $75.00 cheque! I got 800 dollars for a speech competition! And all I did was like a 6 min speech! All that work for a measly 75 bucks. we had a presentation evening and if it was based on UAI i would've still got it.

so yeah.. thats the prize from my shoddy school... i actually wouldve prefered a trophy over money - oh well.. ill probably buy a few dvds or something

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A
well i got awarded the most outstanding student of year 12, and got a two person movie pass and a $50 bistro voucher for the local tennis club. i thought it was pretty neat!!

i didn't end up getting the real dux because it's based on the highest uai. but i still got my goal and should be ok for my first preference, and that's all i can ask for!! :D

congratulations to all the duxes!! :)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
oh... then i shouldnt be complaining about 75 dollars? i spose its pretty good - i just wanted a trophy!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
We get about $250.

CrashOveride

HSC
Apparently some kind of illness 1week before exams.

Also, next candidate in line for dux was an all-rounder, even though he got a band6 in phys without sitting for that exam.

HSC
The all-rounders (90 and above in 10 units) are invited to a scholar's assembly at my school, together with people with a UAI of over 99, and those who have come top 10/20/30 in any subject.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Our school has scrapped the HSC for 2005-forever. The principal can't offer a prize because, let's face it, he's so poor he'll eat the kindergartens soon. But! I shall be forever immortalised!! *lighting forks across the sky and the place rattles with a thunder crack*

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i got a trophy (which i have 2 give back) and also this like coin/medallion thingy. but no money.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
because they're 2 cheap 2 buy a new one each year...so they put ur name on a lil shield which they stick to the base of the trophy...i wanna keep it!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Our school is cheap too. No one ever gets any money. Dux get a medallion and people who've got a UAI of over 80 gets a trophy to keep. and a bunch of certificates for each band 6 and for coming first at school for a subject. blah...

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
You guys get PRIZES??? And MONEY??? I got...wait for it....a certificate. And a book about England's Heritage. Yay! Oh well, I get my name painted on the honours board, that's pretty cool.

LaurenB

HSC
OUr dux is awarded for the person who comes first in the most things, and then if can't split it 2nd as well. it kinda ends up being an all rounder because of that. Anyway, i got a certificate, trophy and $100. except we didn't know we would get the money until the end of the year, if they told us at the start there would probab;y be more competition!!!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
well my school gives a pritty neat and large trophy... with a certificate..

but theres a school u may have heard of ...(there's a few bos members that go there)... 'Malek Fahd Islamic School'..... and well i don't know about this year but last year he gave any student that got 90 or above in any exam $500... for each individual exam... so for example if u got 5 marks in the 90's then u got $2500... now how's that for a reward.....

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
DOnt know what they get, but the prize for dux is generally given to first in Latin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)