DVD shrink (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok so I have a 16x speed DVD burner, but for some reason DVD shrink wont let me up the speed to past 2.4x!! is there anyway I can fix this??

I did a search for my DVD burner model, just to check the speed and it says its a 16x, so surely it should be burning at more than 2x!

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
your disc doesn't support that speed.

and you can't really buy 16x discs now.
oh thank god its not my burner... yeh im fine with burning at about 8x, but 2 speed is way too slow.

so do u mean u cant get 16x anymore, or u cant get them yet?

thanx heaps 4 ur help :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
go_swans said:
oh thank god its not my burner... yeh im fine with burning at about 8x, but 2 speed is way too slow.

so do u mean u cant get 16x anymore, or u cant get them yet?

thanx heaps 4 ur help :)
16x discs are hard to make so they are expensive and rare. I haven't seen one before. But I'm sure they exist somewhere in the world.

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
16x discs are hard to make so they are expensive and rare. I haven't seen one before. But I'm sure they exist somewhere in the world.
cool Ill prolly get some in America when im there...

ok well thanks for ur help

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've seen 16x, but the benefits do not outweigh the high expense.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
The faster the disks become, the lower the price goes. CD+R's used to be just as expensive.

cheetah

HSC
even though you have a 16x burner, you shouldnt burn at more than 8x. I always burn at 4x because at times the burn comes out corupt (even if you have 16x DVD`s)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Sometimes when I burn using shrink (even files using the normal program that came with the laptop) ... it fails in the verification. Why does this happen? Am I not meant to move the computer when I am doing it or something?

Ac

fatmuscle

HSC
my dvd burner is connected via USB :/
it burns at 2x... it's sooo slow...

takes 1.5hrs to burn a complete dvd.

BUT 1x!!!

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
cheetah said:
even though you have a 16x burner, you shouldnt burn at more than 8x. I always burn at 4x because at times the burn comes out corupt (even if you have 16x DVD`s)

Dunno what you've been doing to corrupt them....I burn at 12x if im burning single layer and 4x if im burning dual layer and i have never had a corrupt DVD. Alot of the problems people have with corruption is more caused by low quality blanks in the first place or the CPU/RAM/HDD being unable to keep up with the DVD burner and so the read buffer drops and runs out.

Sometimes when I burn using shrink (even files using the normal program that came with the laptop) ... it fails in the verification. Why does this happen? Am I not meant to move the computer when I am doing it or something?
It shouldnt matter as long as you arent shaking it around or oving it jerkily. just picking it up and moving it somewhere else and stuff like that shouldnt affect it a great deal.

EDIT: Another suggestion, instead of using DVD Shrink to burn, just use it to make the ISO's and then burn the ISO's using Nero, although DVD Shrink uses Nero to burn I find that just using Nero on its own is alot more stable and has a higher success rate.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
tdk have good 16x dvds, not too expensive either. But i had to upgrade the firmware of my dvdburner just to be able to burn them. so if a brand of dvds is screwing up for u, you might want to try doing the same thing.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*firmware for second one i assume*

Most drives are updated firmware wise, just finding where to get those updates.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I create a *.Iso
then burn at 8x and they play on everything i own.. Xbox, Ps2, standalone DVD, etc!..

great way to backup my sydney DVD's when im in Adelaide :)
I check the integrity with a Virtual drive software

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)