E12 scheme information please! (1 Viewer)

celineexo

HSC
Hello I am currently in year 12 and recently found about this great E12 scheme in Usyd! If you are one of the previous successful applicants, please share your information!

So, my school is not listed in the 'low socioeconomic' school list but I am receiving Family Tax benefit both A and B(thank god) which makes me eligible. I am also in a school prefect body which lead me getting involved in SRC ,40 hr famine, blood donations etc.

1. Just wondering what other activities would judges find charming? Not sports..bcuz I was part of grade sports and zone only until year 10 and did nothing beyond that which now I feel regretful :cry:

2. How many students are offered for this scheme? Is there a limit? It is obvious everybody is going for this and I am scared I might not even have a chance..

3. Any tips????

I am going for physiotherapy btw

Your help is greatly appreciated!!^^:kiss:

Last edited:

engineering

HSC
N/A

1. Just wondering what other activities would judges find charming? Not sports..bcuz I was part of grade sports and zone only until year 10 and did nothing beyond that which now I feel regretful :cry:

2. How many students are offered for this scheme? Is there a limit? It is obvious everybody is going for this and I am scared I might not even have a chance..

3. Any tips????

:
Read the instructions for the type of info needed.

Looking for activities that show maturity, leadership, independence, resilience in the face of adversity. They are looking for something that might say "I come from a disadvantaged background, and my ATAR might not be 99.9, but here are some examples of things I have done that are the type of things which would improve success at university, particularly for the course you want".

Yes, there are limits, but so what. Don't be scared about applying. If you do not apply your chances as zero. If you do apply, your chances are greater than zero.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Glad you came across this scheme! I myself got an early offer through E12 and can safely say that it takes an enormous load of stress off you haha

3. Any tips????

I am going for physiotherapy btw
1) There are no particular activities that they favour over the other. You will need to be able to demonstrate that there is much more to you other than academics - basically show that you are an all rounded student. Activities you could talk about could be related to culture, community, sports or other school leadership activities. For me I did mentoring, SRC, part of a sports team, sold badges for war veterans, peer reading guidance helper etc etc.

2) I'm actually not sure if they put a fixed limit on the amount of offers they are able to make to students each year. However, during E12 orientation there were approx 150-200 other students

Don't think there are many tips I can give you off the top of my head haha But if you have any more questions, I'm more than happy to answer them :)

celineexo

HSC
Read the instructions for the type of info needed.

Looking for activities that show maturity, leadership, independence, resilience in the face of adversity. They are looking for something that might say "I come from a disadvantaged background, and my ATAR might not be 99.9, but here are some examples of things I have done that are the type of things which would improve success at university, particularly for the course you want".

Yes, there are limits, but so what. Don't be scared about applying. If you do not apply your chances as zero. If you do apply, your chances are greater than zero.
Oh gosh Thank you! You gave me a huge encouragement^^

Last edited:

celineexo

HSC
Glad you came across this scheme! I myself got an early offer through E12 and can safely say that it takes an enormous load of stress off you haha

1) There are no particular activities that they favour over the other. You will need to be able to demonstrate that there is much more to you other than academics - basically show that you are an all rounded student. Activities you could talk about could be related to culture, community, sports or other school leadership activities. For me I did mentoring, SRC, part of a sports team, sold badges for war veterans, peer reading guidance helper etc etc.

2) I'm actually not sure if they put a fixed limit on the amount of offers they are able to make to students each year. However, during E12 orientation there were approx 150-200 other students

Don't think there are many tips I can give you off the top of my head haha But if you have any more questions, I'm more than happy to answer them :)
Thank you for your reply! Ohh I envy you so much!! It is such a tempting offer! Ohh and is it more competitive if you choose the course that are highly popular? I hope not..haha..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)