Early Entry (1 Viewer)

lukey15#

HSC
Is Early Entry Easy To Get At Csu. And What Is The Process Of It Im A Bit Confused. Thankyou.

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
Hey Lukey,

I got in under the early entry scheme for CSU. They call it PREP.

Your school will be given a heap of little pink booklets from CSU.

Go ask your year advisor about it so they know someone wants one ad they should give it to you.

Once you get it, there will be a check-list of what you need to do on the back. My school practically took control of them and stuffed around too much and i think some didn't get sent in the end, so its better if you do what i did and get things done by yourself.

Get you parts filled in, then go to your principal and let them do their part. Make sure you get it back from them and post it yourself. Otherwise they'll say they'll post it along with the others in bulk, the day before.

This may not be the case for you, but my school was pretty dodgy and they stuffed up my scholarship form. There were parts that I had to fill in, but they sent it away without looking an unfinished form.

Moral of the story, trust no-one with anything important!

-phizz

phizz

HSC
iceflower86 said:
Is early entry only available for 2005 hsc students?
For something like that, your gonna have to ring the uni to see. Im not too sure if you can, because it requires your principal's recommendation.

But ring them up! You'll get better info from them about the topic.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
im pritty sure its only avaliable for 2005 students for 2006 uni, you cant defer

K

katie_tully

We just got given all our early entry stuff the other day. With early entry I think you're right, you can't defer, definately not in Arts. Crash tackle your careers adviser for the booklets, we recieved ours last week so it should be standard that all schools get them around the same time. It's 2005 HSC students for entry into CSU 2006. :)
Like phizz our school screwed around too, so hound them to get all the forms signed and hopefully the teachers dont mark your trials too late, because I'm pretty sure you need your marks as well.

phizz

HSC
Something else I forgot to mention:

You can send away your latest school report if you haven't got your trial marks back in time.
Just include an extra cover letter with the PREP form telling them that you will send them a copy of your trial results as soon as their avalible.

When you do get your trial results, send out a copy to the same address as the PREP form with a cover letter explaining that the report relates to your PREP form. Anotherwards your name, school, and phone number incase they don't understand.

Hopefully that may help.

kirsty

aka **Missy**
HSC
Bachelor of Business (Business Management)

I'm applying for early entry at CSU Wagga for the Bachelor of Business (Business Management). Is there anything that i should add in the statement and what other things can i attach with it, other than my report and trial results?

Tah!​

curly_red

HSC
phizz said:
Something else I forgot to mention:

You can send away your latest school report if you haven't got your trial marks back in time.
Just include an extra cover letter with the PREP form telling them that you will send them a copy of your trial results as soon as their avalible.

When you do get your trial results, send out a copy to the same address as the PREP form with a cover letter explaining that the report relates to your PREP form. Anotherwards your name, school, and phone number incase they don't understand.
Hey Phizz, or anyone else who may have some advice, I think i went better in my previous tests n reports than in my trials which i just finished so do u reckon i should pretend i havent got my trial marks back yet and send off my latest report. Then they will look at my other marks more closely and maybe not look too deep into my trials.???

phizz

HSC
curly_red said:
Hey Phizz, or anyone else who may have some advice, I think i went better in my previous tests n reports than in my trials which i just finished so do u reckon i should pretend i havent got my trial marks back yet and send off my latest report. Then they will look at my other marks more closely and maybe not look too deep into my trials.???
Hmmmm.....
I think they'd rather honesty, in the end your going to send your trials to them anyways.
You PREP application gets read by the course co'ordinator, so you've somehow got to them to see why you'd be the better candidate for early entry. Mainly you've gotta show your "over-whelming intrest" in the field and why CSUs course stands out. But you've also gotta show some level of education for it, eg: somone aplying for Maths teaching that lowest marks in general maths most likely wont go through.

Anyways, include both your Trials, previous reports (in your case curly), and a cover letter explaining honestly why your purformance went down in comparison to your trials and reports. Maybe even get a teacher or year advisior (whatever) to add something to the cover letter. Whateer you think may help.

anyways, hope it helps, cya

curly_red

HSC
Thanx phizz! i got most of my trials back yesterday and i did go a bit crap. I went good compared to the rest in my classes, like i came 1st n 2nd n 3rd but still not as good as id hoped. But thats a good idea about the cover letter n stuff. Thank you! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)