Early offer letter. (1 Viewer)

Deniz_

HSC
I just got a letter from UWS saying theyre delighted to confirm my place at UWS through the early offer program and to activate step two says ensure your course is "within the atar 55-84 including bonus points". I know this is probably wrong but does that mean with an atar of 55+ i can get into a course with an atar of upto 84?

abcd223

HSC
N/A
I don't think so... But I'm also confused with the UWS early offer too

Deniz_

HSC
I called them up and i think what i got out of it is that only if the course gets capd up by people who got the early offer letter then they will look at atars. Look at the early offer list of courses and put it as your first pref and aslong as its not filled up purely by early offer people who got the letter then you will get a spot on 3rd jan but I couldve misunderstood them.

LolaBell

HSC
bump

PLUSSSS I have 2 different uws campuses listed on my preferences... my letter does not tell me if it was for the campus that requires the higher atar or the other :O???
Don't know what to do since the one I will get into must be set as my first preference by 3rd,, what if it was for lower one? would that mean I would no longer be eligible for early offer

Deniz_

HSC
If you were accepted for the early offer then put any course on the early offer course list and you should get in, doesnt matter which campus or the atar of the course(aslong as it is on the early offer course list!!). I hope that answers your question but again I could be wrong so call them up.

LolaBell

HSC
ohk thanks Deniz! that's so strange though... so your ATAR doesn't even matter :s

Yeah I'll call them tomorrow anyhow :)

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
I called them up and i think what i got out of it is that only if the course gets capd up by people who got the early offer letter then they will look at atars. Look at the early offer list of courses and put it as your first pref and aslong as its not filled up purely by early offer people who got the letter then you will get a spot on 3rd jan but I couldve misunderstood them.
Did you ring the number given specifically for early offers at http://pubsites.uws.edu.au/teamu/index.html

Deniz_

HSC
Just checked that number... its the same as the general number I already called lol.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
I just got a letter from UWS saying theyre delighted to confirm my place at UWS through the early offer program and to activate step two says ensure your course is "within the atar 55-84 including bonus points". I know this is probably wrong but does that mean with an atar of 55+ i can get into a course with an atar of upto 84?
Hi, With an ATAR between 55 and 84 you are eligible for any course listed under Band B on www.uws.edu.au/teamu. Your ATAR is only used to determine which band of courses you are eligible for for the Early January Round. Please note that you would have needed to move the course to your first preference by midnight 1st January to receive the offer on 3rd January via UAC. For further information, please contact us on 1300 897 669 or study@uws.edu.au. Best regards, Team U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)