Early Results (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
nah, night time classes are open to everyone. its usually the part-time students all there, plus slow full-time students
Awesome. I tried to enrol in a night ABDB tute a month or two ago and it gave me an error saying my enrolment type had to be part time. Must have been an isolated error then.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
No such thing, most unis around the world use a 4 point scale with 0,1,2,3,4.

Accounting A may be my highest mark lol. It was probably my least difficult subject so that's to be expected I guess.
I found Accounting alright, but it required alot of work whilst compared to other subjects. You seem like a maths person to me!
Well, Accounting A doesn't have much maths than 'addition, subtraction, multiplication and division' lol

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
I found Accounting alright, but it required alot of work whilst compared to other subjects. You seem like a maths person to me!
Well, Accounting A doesn't have much maths than 'addition, subtraction, multiplication and division' lol
have you worked out who i am yet?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'm definitely not a maths person in terms of calculus and linear algebra etc. lol, but I would say i'm good with more logic based stuff and simple maths.

My other subjects are all second year subjects and one first year subject with a reputation of a high failure rate, so it probably isn't fair to compare ABDA to them. But in terms of just passing they really do make it easy in ABDA if you aren't entirely lazy or put in some last minute effort. I would have spent around the same amount of time this sem on ABDA as I did on IBP last semester over the whole thing lol. (but that's because of the long tutes)

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
how was it brah?
I went from a 2.7 (had a horrible experience with a subject last year - only got a pass) to a 3.2. So if my calculations are right, I think I got 1 x HD and 2 x D's. I only do three subjects a semester full-time. Doing any more would be complete suicide.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
I went from a 2.7 (had a horrible experience with a subject last year - only got a pass) to a 3.2. So if my calculations are right, I think I got 1 x HD and 2 x D's. I only do three subjects a semester full-time. Doing any more would be complete suicide.
nice man, a pass isnt a terrible experience is it?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm definitely not a maths person in terms of calculus and linear algebra etc. lol, but I would say i'm good with more logic based stuff and simple maths.

My other subjects are all second year subjects and one first year subject with a reputation of a high failure rate, so it probably isn't fair to compare ABDA to them. But in terms of just passing they really do make it easy in ABDA if you aren't entirely lazy or put in some last minute effort. I would have spent around the same amount of time this sem on ABDA as I did on IBP last semester over the whole thing lol. (but that's because of the long tutes)
How are you finding second year subjects in comparison to 1st year? Do they get harder?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
IBP tutorial for the first two weeks haha
Stop attending or swapped classes?

How are you finding second year subjects in comparison to 1st year? Do they get harder?
Tbh, I prefer them to some extent because i've started to get a few more subjects related to my major. But that's only because my major (Software) is pretty far removed from the Engineering core, so a lot of the maths and physics etc. is useless unless I wanted to get into a very specific field.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Stop attending or swapped classes?

Tbh, I prefer them to some extent because i've started to get a few more subjects related to my major. But that's only because my major (Software) is pretty far removed from the Engineering core, so a lot of the maths and physics etc. is useless unless I wanted to get into a very specific field.
he swapped classes

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
*cough cough * look through the people in the accounting page.

builder2818

HSC
I am a part time student, working full time. I am only doing two subjects a semester which is about all I can handle at the moment. I am going to do summer school though I think and pick up an extra subject for each semester next year so I can finish my whole accounting major in one year.

So far I have not had a problem with any of my class timetables. I don't know about there being any restrictions on day and night classes for full time and part time students. I have met people in my night lectures and tutes that are full time students and they choose some nights because they have to work also.

I did find ABDB a whole lot easier than ABDA but I got a very high mark in ABDA and I don't know what I got yet for ABDB until Wednesday. In ABDB you get told what you will be tested on for the mid semester and the final and you get practice exams which are almost identical to what you will be tested on. If you understand what they are trying to teach you, you will do extremely well if you find the practice exams easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)