Earthquake in China (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
To be honest... China really needs to get rid of some people. They should be celebrating right now.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
Re: Earthquake in China. How about just a minute of silence?

Schroedinger said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah China.

Being a parent waiting at the ruins of a Chinese school is a lot like waiting at an airport luggage carousel.....

Desperately hoping yours is the next out........but they all look the same, so you to have check the label....
lol ohhh thats so mean:(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Is god punishing Asians? First Burma, now this.
We are finally seeing the effects of climate change?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
To be honest... China really needs to get rid of some people. They should be celebrating right now.
Impossible. People are not the problem. If we ran the world with perfect efficiency, I don't see why we'd have a problem with upto 100 billion people easily able to inhabit the earth with all life neccessities. (And that's on the ground. Much more could be accomplished in a sky-scraper esque flats in suburbia.)

What's sad is you consider yourself to be intelligent and you don't know this. Nuclear power/Electricity could easily lower the amounts of pollution aswell.

Nuclear Power = Unlimited Clean Energy = Ability to create desalinisation plants = Ability to grow more food = Ability to sustain more human life.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Except we don't run the world with anything anywhere near perfect efficiency, Sherlock. :rolleyes:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
We could pull off 50 billion.

After that I'm hoping that dawinism will kick-in, with morons trying to fly into space and settle the moon.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Current trends indicate population growth decreases as development and education increase. World population growth peaked in the 60's or so, but hopefully the raw population itself will also peak this century. Estimates place it at something like 7 to 10 billion by 2050, with various highly developed regions having no population growth (moving to a static equllibrium population level). India and China will follow this trend as they become more developed (I believe China's one child policy may have triggered this prematurely anyway). The only real unknown is Africa.

The various world space agencies (excluding China) are planning to have research-based human settlements on the moon in the next 20 years, I believe. One example is of a (successful) experiment which used a bacteria to break down moon rock into something plants can use as soil. I think another showed that beans can grow fine with the 1 week day/night cycles of the moon.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Slidey said:
Current trends indicate population growth decreases as development and education increase. World population growth peaked in the 60's or so, but hopefully the raw population itself will also peak this century. Estimates place it at something like 7 to 10 billion by 2050, with various highly developed regions having no population growth (moving to a static equllibrium population level). India and China will follow this trend as they become more developed (I believe China's one child policy may have triggered this prematurely anyway). The only real unknown is Africa.

The various world space agencies (excluding China) are planning to have research-based human settlements on the moon in the next 20 years, I believe. One example is of a (successful) experiment which used a bacteria to break down moon rock into something plants can use as soil. I think another showed that beans can grow fine with the 1 week day/night cycles of the moon.
I'm not saying it wouldn't work. I'm just saying it'll work till something goes terribly wrong.

Whether you believe in religion "god made us for earth" or you believe in natural selection "we're the product of eons of natural selection to be perfectly suited to live on earth, but not live on the moon", you should see why it wont work in the long run.

Besides, we have plenty of room right here on earth. (Seriously over population isn't even a problem for our generation.)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sam04u said:
Impossible. People are not the problem. If we ran the world with perfect efficiency, I don't see why we'd have a problem with upto 100 billion people easily able to inhabit the earth with all life neccessities. (And that's on the ground. Much more could be accomplished in a sky-scraper esque flats in suburbia.)

What's sad is you consider yourself to be intelligent and you don't know this. Nuclear power/Electricity could easily lower the amounts of pollution aswell.

Nuclear Power = Unlimited Clean Energy = Ability to create desalinisation plants = Ability to grow more food = Ability to sustain more human life.
100 billion people easily...

You have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

....I consider myself smart enough to do a google search before making ridiculous claims like the one you just made.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
I'm not saying it wouldn't work. I'm just saying it'll work till something goes terribly wrong.
Um, like that has ever slowed humans down before. Things go terribly wrong all the time. But if a venture is properous enough, and there are humans left, they'll keep at it.

Whether you believe in religion "god made us for earth" or you believe in natural selection "we're the product of eons of natural selection to be perfectly suited to live on earth, but not live on the moon", you should see why it wont work in the long run.
Natural selection is not a definition of what humans can do; it is a definition of basic requirements humans must meet to persist as a species. Evolution is a fairly neutral bag - many adaptions continue to be positive or neutral fitness contributors even after the species has left its originial ecological niche (environment). Further still, decreased selective fitness does not mean unfitness - history is full of organisms which were of only average fitness (see how the dinosaurs all died so easily because they were extremely fit niche occupiers and thus highly sensitive to changes in selective pressures).

To put it simply: no, it makes absolutely no sense to claim natural selection dictates humans are incapable of successfully colonising space. To further my point: humans adapt space to them, which is exactly a way of changing the selective pressures to match those we are used to - introducing soil bacteria to grow crops, maintaining an artifical atmosphere, etc. Humans do this already today by living on continents that cannot sustain their population without foreign aid/imports (in terms of fuel, food, etc). What makes things suddenly so impossible if we expand this to include aid and imports to the moon as well?

Besides, we have plenty of room right here on earth. (Seriously over population isn't even a problem for our generation.)
It's not room that's the problem in most places; it is distribution of wealth, access to food, access to medicine, access to clean water, etc. Do no confuse a population that continues to grow with a population that can be sustained (or is being sustained). The majority of the world's human population today does not live sustainably. Yes, I know it probably could, but it doesn't. But until everybody is living in a sustainable way at present population levels (including good human rights, which includes access to medicine and food), it is ridiculous to talk about double that population being sustainable, let alone the 10-fold level you claim.

zstar

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
You think this funny cunt?

Fuck you inbred bastard you're lucky this is the internet because I would break your head in real life.

Just like the rest of you cowards here who find this funny.

You people deserve to go to hell and I hope your families drown to death you pricks.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
zstar said:
You think this funny cunt?

Fuck you inbred bastard you're lucky this is the internet because I would break your head in real life.

Just like the rest of you cowards here who find this funny.

You people deserve to go to hell and I hope your families drown to death you pricks.
Yeah, because somebody who laughs at deaths too far removed from them to hold any meaning obviously deserves for their own family to drown to death. :rolleyes:

zstar

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't think it is funny so much as I just don't give a shit.
Just like nobody gives a shit about you.

So go drop dead asshole.

Punks like you are a dime a dozen but you wouldn't have the balls to say that nasty shit in real life so you want to draw attention to yourself.

Well you have attention and let me just say where your going it's gonna be a very warm place.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
zstar said:
Just like nobody gives a shit about you.

So go drop dead asshole.

Punks like you are a dime a dozen but you wouldn't have the balls to say that nasty shit in real life so you want to draw attention to yourself.

Well you have attention and let me just say where your going it's gonna be a very warm place.
I don't expect people who I don't know to care about me.

I would say exactly the same thing in real life.

I know that I am a bad person and it doesn't bother me at all.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
Wooo holiday

zstar

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't expect people who I don't know to care about me.

I would say exactly the same thing in real life.

I know that I am a bad person and it doesn't bother me at all.
I would gladly accomodate your trip to hell if you wanted.

There you can get ass raped by Hitler all day and have tea with Saddam.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
zstar said:
I would gladly accomodate your trip to hell if you wanted.

There you can get ass raped by Hitler all day and have tea with Saddam.
Do you seriously not have anything better to do at almost 2 in the morning that insult me...?

zstar

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Do you seriously not have anything better to do at almost 2 in the morning that insult me...?
You wanted attention so why are you crying about it?

If you're an asshole then keep it to yourself. I don't want to read your mornic shit.

You're not a person but a piece of shit and I hope you understand that. If you're proud of being a piece of shit then whatever floats your boat.

Just hope that i don't come across you because you won't be smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)