EAS description of disadvantage (1 Viewer)

HSC
in the EAS application form, in the section where we describe our disadvantage, they only provide us with 4 lines. i find that 4 lines are not enough to explain my disadvantage. Am i allowed to attatch another piece of paper and continue describing my disadvantage or am i required to only write in the space provided?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Only if it's legit to qualified impartial individuals, not your local Indian GP who asked for a $50 reimbursement.

0hNivlek

HSC
^ How about if we get it automatically. My school gets it because we're a priority disadvantaged school.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^I agree.

You should only get it on individual basis like English issue, disability (mental, physical or whatever that might harm your study pattern), financial disadvantage or oher social issue etc.

I should get 5 Bonus Uni Entry points with EAS =) But I am not sure if I should go through the trouble of applying one...I mean, I don't really need it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
What's EAS? Such a noobish question, but I only have the feintest idea.

astroe

HSC
WTF?
I should get disadvantage points because we don't have a playground. :( LOL.

How does this priority disadvantaged school thing work anyway? It is based on location or something?

0hNivlek

HSC
LOL it's awesome though since every school in this area gets it apart from the private ones? Around cabra/canley etc.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
School as a whole can potentially get it, I think, if something really bad happened around its area. I am sure the school around Cronulla at the time of Cronulla Riot got some "benefit" out of this program.

For those who aren't aware of EAS...let me explain this to you in simple terms. EAS = Educational Access Scheme which is designed for disadvantaged students whether it be financial disadvantage or social disadvantage or whatever.

It awards you maximum 5 Bonus "ATAR" which means, if you apply for 99 ATAR course, you can get in with 94 ATAR. It doesn't increase your ATAR but it just lowers the requirement of your desired university course.

All Universities as far as I am aware RECOGNISE this scheme (except USYD which adopts slightly different program called Broadway Scheme).

astroe

HSC
LOL it's awesome though since every school in this area gets it apart from the private ones? Around cabra/canley etc.
LOL Dammit!
I'm practically next door to you guys, not fair! :haha:

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Ha, I bet I'm poor enough... lol

I'm going to Newcastle and they give +4 to all rural students anyway. I'm content with that and I won't need it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)