eBusiness!!! HELP! (1 Viewer)

Sean1

HSC
Hey guys! :)

I've recently come to the realisation that eBusiness is quite the awesome!

There are just a few answers I NEED to really, really know about this course. BTW I'm going to do Multimedia (EBUS02).

Please give me replies, any replies. It could be from those that are currently doing eBusiness, not doing it, even those that are finished/ not attending university! Please just keep it relevant to the questions below!

1. Is it good or not? A lot people seem to be using eBusiness as a stepping stone for a better course in the 2nd semester (internal course transfer).

2. Why is the cut-off getting lower? The past years the UAI cut-off was around 80, now the ATAR cut-off is 73 (equivalent to 70.50 UAI).

3. What kind of business/company would be interested in this Bachelor? I like computers as well as marketing but I'm not sure if this course could land me in advertising (which I would love to do). I'd like to see an opportunity in utilising both my passions simultaneously to satisfy my desires.

Thank you!

Sean1

HSC
Never mind!

I e-mailed the Faculty of Science at Macquarie University myself.

They were kind enough to reply to me thoroughly.

:lol:

j_katz91

HSC
Never mind!

I e-mailed the Faculty of Science at Macquarie University myself.

They were kind enough to reply to me thoroughly.

:lol:
hey would you mind sharing what they said im also interested in this course :)
thanks and maybe see you next year!

Sean1

HSC
Sure thang!

"For a student with a specific interest in Multimedia I would strongly reccomend the E-Business program with a major in multimedia. This program is interdisciplinary in its approach- you will complete units both within Media theory, Multimedia production and Computer Science. As such, the program is unique in its combination of both technical and theoretical material. COmpletion of this degree will also satisfy the standard for professional accreditation by the Australian Computer Society.

The UAI/ATAR ranking is not, in any way indicative of the quality of the material covered in the program, it is simply a reflection of student numbers and demand.

If you are less interested in the technical aspect of multimedia you could instead consider an arts degree majoring in media/multimedia- however this would neccesitate the completion of a number of electives across the humanities.

Given the broad and interdisciplinary nature of the major in multimedia, you would be very well qualified for prospective employment in the advertising industry- in fact- your extra technical orientation will give you an edge on other generic media graduates. You can also choose electives in the marketing area to broaden your expertise.

In addition, many students who graduate from this program go in to industry positions for major companies such as BHP, IBM, Oracle and Telstra to name a few. You could also apply for a graduate position within one of those major organisations and then apply after having gained some experience to work for their media department, for instance. The average starting salary for graduates from this program is $44, 821."

Good luck to you!
I don't know about anyone else but this e-mail was very convincing for me! I'll see all you other convinced people next year! :jump:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)