ECON111 Assignment (1 Viewer)

jinghuang

HSC
N/A
WTH is Q1 talking about? I get totally confused and totally no idea. Anyone could help me out?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
someone's obviously ready to kill the micro test on thurs ;)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
someone's obviously ready to kill the micro test on thurs ;)
hmm hes yet another eager actuary
key to success on thurs: sit behind such actuaries :p

in all seriousness i think im fukd coz i dont have lecture notes...

*hopeful*

HSC
theres lecture notes ?! or do u mean notes u make wen u rock up 2 the lecture ?

yeh smart ppl where u all gonna b at cuz i wanna sit behind u

Tabris

HSC
1st question is hard to understand, 2nd question but a few questions...

a and b of the first part is ok, not much problem, just simultaneous equations and substitutions

How much of the tax is passed onto consumers??? i said $14, i referred this to the diagrams on pg 153....

In considering the incidence of tax is it strictly more appropriate to refer to slope or to elasticity? In a practical sense does it make any real differe?

first part is yes of course......but 2nd part i am stuck on, does it make a real difference???? what does that mean???

another question

"In determining the change in consumer spending on the amenity as a result of the tax is elasticity or slipe the relevant consideration?"

Yes the elsasticity does matter more, relatively inelastic and relatively elastic demand does determine how much less sepnding there is, but isnt this question very similar to the previous??

Another question

The govt decides to use the proceeds if the tax to finance public works that directly benefit the producer s and consumers of the tax amenity. Calculate tthe loss in producer and cinsumer surpluses as a result of the tax to determine whether or not the community is better off in monetary terms as a resul;t of this policy

I think its how much taken out due to DWL and how much the government can put back in,

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
This assignment is friggen hard! I didn't realise it was gonna be... the only question I've been able to do is Q3... anyway...

Tabris said:
How much of the tax is passed onto consumers??? i said $14, i referred this to the diagrams on pg 153....
I said $1. $14 is the quantity demanded at the new equilibrium price................. ??

Tabris said:
In considering the incidence of tax is it strictly more appropriate to refer to slope or to elasticity? In a practical sense does it make any real differe?

first part is yes of course......but 2nd part i am stuck on, does it make a real difference???? what does that mean???
What do you meant yes of course? is it the slope or the elasticity that is more appropriate?

Also, how do you do Q1? I get the whole TP, TC, fixed costs and all that stuff, but i can't apply it to the question :confused:
..... the rest of the assignment i have no clue on =/

Tabris

HSC
i can tell u what i know, and maybe abit of help if i can, but it is pretty complicated and some stuff is not directly mentioned in textbook, my contact details are under my user profile

When said "of course' i meant that elasticity will matter more than slope...

Tabris

HSC
ANyone did Q4 and Q5?? Q4 is very tricky, i know isoquant stuff, but how do i use it to answer the question?????

Also some parts of other questions are hard to interpret, anyone can help:??

CrashOveride

HSC
Thanks for the textbook references guys.

Are a lot of these "thinking" questions (like q1) just that? We can't really get any solid readings from the book (or maybe lectures?) vis a vi the aforementioned question?

Tabris

HSC
I asked Mcharg, he said u have to think it carefully, or something along those lines.... its getting frustrating knowing the general content but dont know how to use them to answer the q's

prusso

HSC
Tabris said:
I asked Mcharg, he said u have to think it carefully, or something along those lines.... its getting frustrating knowing the general content but dont know how to use them to answer the q's
yep exactly!

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
equilibrium price (pre tax) = $11
After tax equ p = $12
Consumer pay $1 and Supplier $3

And that slope and elasticity, which one is more important? Any idea ppl??? how bout part 1 question d...stuck on tat >.<

Catastrophe

HSC
finally.....done everything except question 5a, any idea on that question? my only thoughts are maybe its same elasticity so third degree price discrimination is not possible? this assignment is damn hard......

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
whenever theres tax, in money terms, the community is 'technically' worse off.

*and there it is...deadweight social loss*

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Good_riceZ said:
whenever theres tax, in money terms, the community is 'technically' worse off.

*and there it is...deadweight social loss*
LOL Indeed

kid

HSC
N/A
so who has a clue about 4?

gimme a pointer for starters like what's on the y and x axis?

right now, im just thinkin water v land

if im wrong, its cos i dont gotta clue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)