Econ1401 (1 Viewer)

a19901213

HSC
anyone doing ECON1401 here? how did you guys go with the written assignment? The average mark is only like low 60 and GIGI the lecturer almost failed me so badly.
I admit I didn't put that much efforts in the assignment but she was like my writing is just piece of shit and I'm gonna fail the next assignment craps.

My friends who were in her class(different courses) last semester were so pissed at her marking coz she failed like 60% people in class and refused to scale the mark.

This course is just ridiculous anyway, no final, strange 2 hours tuts that goes once every two weeks and a freaking journal which you need to write 50+ pages.

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
It's compulsory for an economics degree, dont think it is for the major.

a19901213

HSC

if you're doing economic degree then it's a compulsory course.

Also I need to make one thing clear that this course isn't particularly hard. It's just that the assessments are annoy and THEY TAKE BLOODY ATTENDANCE FOR THE LECTURES. To make thing worse there's only one lecture stream and for this semester it was on monday morning. so people actually have to come all the way to the meaningless lecture in order to earn 3% attendance mark. BTW there's no final for the course so all the contents in the lecture are pretty much BS.

kingcc

HSC
I have the same problem with my assignment 1 and my second oral presentation....
But really, all the lectures are irrelevant to the assignment and the workshop... The workshop is just 2 hours of cutting paper and people just chatting around. Tutor never gives any useful information about this course actually.

Also, this course requires us to write FKing journal, it is 40+pages A4 size for HD (content only), the rest part of the requirement is some analysis or combine some life experience with the materials which is quite stupid, since the first few chapters of the book is about the economic history, it is really difficult to write anything about it. It is really difficult for international students like me to write such huge amount of pages. Although I doubt anyone would actually write all of it by yourself since my group mate just copy around in the internet and the book.

I literally didn't learn anything useful in the course, the lecture material covers some micro and macro economic which is I already learnt before, while they didn't teach much about different thinker, but require us to use their framework to do the assignment (relatively less famous economists like the one I choose). It is really difficult for you the think as the particular economists unless you actually read all of his books which is quite time consuming, otherwise you will end up with Gigi said "shallow argument" and depress grade.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)