Economic Issues - Environmental Management (1 Viewer)

azza_3761

HSC
Does anyone actually get the gist of what this topic is talking about? If so can you help? I sort of know what it is talking about i just can't understand how it relates to the rest of the economic issues.

Airazer

HSC
its somewhere along the lines of the enviroment and management.

KungPow

HSC
azza_3761 said:
I sort of know what it is talking about i just can't understand how it relates to the rest of the economic issues.
Well if you don't manage the environment well, it'll start hurting other sectors of the economy. Get it?

roadcone

HSC
how well the environment is run will affect how the rest of the economy is run.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Did you not learn Environmental Consequences of Economic growth?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
it's an issue because as we pursue growth atm there alot of negative externalities, which results in environmental degradation and depletion of non renewable resources, so in environmental manage we look at high we can achieve growth without damaging the environment(so we can achieve growth in the long run). this is known as ecologically sustainable development.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
<start rant>
Just think of stuff like externalities, merit and public goods, free rider effect and generally market failure. Also consider solutions to these, such as excise taxes. However what effect do taxes have on inflation, in particular cost push inflation? You then have to consider elasticity and all that gibberish
Also try and think of the effect of economic growth in the long run if we don’t look after the environment. The basic economic problem is unlimited wants and limited resources. Imagine what the situation would be like if we had no resources.
You can also link it to external stability, as implementing environmentally friendly policies can have the impact of reducing exports, which combined with our over dependence on imports (debatable), can have the effect of blowing out the cad.
<end rant>

d_a_n_z

HSC
Has yet to be asked in the HSC as an extended response...what do you think the odds are?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)