Economics-anyone else struggling?? (1 Viewer)

Oxrad

HSC
So just out of curiosity, is anyone else here struggling with economics or receiving low marks??
It's rather the teachers marking assessment tasks and exams at my school are ridiculously hard or a majority of us are incapable of understanding concepts evident in the subject...

Sidekickk

HSC
yeah, it takes me a while to get my head around some concepts.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
I find that I really only learn the concepts at home, primarily because we just copy the teacher's summary of the text book at school lol

RishBonjour

HSC
I find that I really only learn the concepts at home, primarily because we just copy the teacher's summary of the text book at school lol

My teacher is VERY similar, however, she packs us with resources from everywhere, so its great !

with economics:
- if you are planning to memorise everything - don't
- even if it takes time, try and understand the concepts firsts. There are really a few to understand, and the rest will come to you (eventually).

Also, from what I've noticed - doing 100s of multiple choice will certainly help you (as with all subjects) - but if you don't understand all the graphs/fundamental ideas - you will lose that 1 or 2 marks regularly.

good luck!

HSC
Which topic specifically are you struggling at?

What helped me whenever I struggled was to think about 'real-world' examples for some of the concepts, since sometimes I found the HSC course a little bit dry at times. Once I got interested in it through that example, the concept made more sense to me? Anyway, multiple choice practice questions are fantastic for this sort of thing!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Economics isn't meant to be a easy subject. It's a fairly hard subject.

chrisman9519

HSC
with economics:
- if you are planning to memorise everything - don't
- even if it takes time, try and understand the concepts firsts. There are really a few to understand, and the rest will come to you (eventually).
I disagree, try to memorise everything. if you don't, you will fail the short answer section. understanding concepts is easy, if that were what economics is about, everyone would do it. it is about understanding, applying and memorising key terms, definitions and lists. economics is certainly difficult initially, but you just have to get through it. if you want to excel in economics, get all the workbooks you can and do all the questions in all of those workbooks. i have riley and dixon workbooks.

concepts are easy to understand. for example, the concept of demand. if the price goes up, you are less likely to buy, simple.
also, economies of scale, if a business is bigger they can take advantage of a number of things.
every concept is easy (some may be a bit confusing, e.g. how the reserve bank changes interest rates). it is memorising it, applying it and articulating it that is difficult. for that you just need practice.

if you want to improve your knowledge, short answer and multiple choice skills, do workbooks. for essays, just do the occasional essay in the book that you think might be fun to try and give it to your teacher for some feedback.

i hope i helped

powlmao

Banned
HSC
With economics you need to remember everything, otherwise you will fuck up all parts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)