Economics essay : Labour Markets (1 Viewer)

dayandnight

HSC
I have to write an essay for an economics assessment the question is :

'' Assess the impacts of labour market institutions in the determination of labour market outcomes in Australia's contemporary economy. ''

Could somone please make the question more clear for me, as well as giving some pointers on what i should write

thanks

gnrlies

HSC
I have to write an essay for an economics assessment the question is :

'' Assess the impacts of labour market institutions in the determination of labour market outcomes in Australia's contemporary economy. ''

Could somone please make the question more clear for me, as well as giving some pointers on what i should write

thanks
Well I wont tell you what you should write, but it might be a good idea to consider consulting the syllabus or a preliminary textbook.

Essentially you have to talk about labour market institutions and how they affect things like wages, unemployment, etc etc. Specific reference to Australia's contemporary economy makesme want to point something important out.

Australia's industrial relations framework has changed considerably over the last few years. Not once, but twice which makes this a particular hard question to answer. We dont really have any major government bodies, but you should consider some of the new govt departments created by the new Rudd government. This being said many of them havent been implemented yet so you will most likely be talking about the existing arrangements under workchoices (consider workplace authority, fair pay commission etc). Other things to talk about is the AIRC and the general interaction between unions and employers.

It is a tough question because there is not a lot to work with, and what is there has changed so much that it is hard to get a hold of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)