Economics Essay (1 Viewer)

PY

I have to do an economics essay, which I am struggling with. The question is "Analyse the trends in labour market outcomes in Australia during recent years" (1000-1250 words)
My problem is not with information but structure. I'm not sure how to set it out. Wether to seperate it into Wage and income outcomes. What to do each paragraph on etc. Any help and ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ath

HSC
N/A
Intro : define labour market, and outomes (ie. what it means)

Paragraph 1-8 : dicuss broadly the oucomes in the last 1o years and the impact of this on the economy.

Keep it all as one (do not separate)

thats what i rkn

afta???

HSC
an economics essay question usu has three parts
r u sure that's the only sentence?

if itz a 3 part question... then answer first part in intro, second part in body and last part in conclusion

btw this structure was taught by my econ teacher who said it was recommended by Tim Riley, the guy who worte our school's economics text books

PY

"Analyse the trends in labour market outcomes in Australia during recent years" is the whole question.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I agree with the syllabus, I have some notes somewhere on labor market outcomes. I will scan them when I have time :)

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by PY
I have to do an economics essay, which I am struggling with. The question is "Analyse the trends in labour market outcomes in Australia during recent years" (1000-1250 words)
My problem is not with information but structure. I'm not sure how to set it out. Wether to seperate it into Wage and income outcomes. What to do each paragraph on etc. Any help and ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
What does wage & income outcomes have to do with it?
Isn't it about MER?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
talk about unemployment, total labour force, participation rate, reasons, compare years etc.. ??

kpq_sniper017

look at the information u have.
divide it into sections i.e. looking at different aspects/ideas concerning the labour market.

1. write an intro outlining the contents of the essay
2. dedicate a paragraph to each of the ideas u split ur information into to, linking one paragraph to the next with a short sentence.
3. conclusion, summing up and drawing implication from what u have written.

^^basic structure of an essay^^

btw. did it explicity say "essay", coz if it said "extended response", then a report-style is much better i.e. graphs, charts, stats, tables etc.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Kultemkampf said:
drawing you tomoz daz
Jose.
I'm guessing that's you. I can tell since you're calling some random guy my name. But I decided to make a post and have a look around while I had the time.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
look at the information u have.
divide it into sections i.e. looking at different aspects/ideas concerning the labour market.

1. write an intro outlining the contents of the essay
2. dedicate a paragraph to each of the ideas u split ur information into to, linking one paragraph to the next with a short sentence.
3. conclusion, summing up and drawing implication from what u have written.

^^basic structure of an essay^^

btw. did it explicity say "essay", coz if it said "extended response", then a report-style is much better i.e. graphs, charts, stats, tables etc.
Hey. What the..?
All the guys at my school are talking about you. They think you're me or something. Hey, and we do the same subjects.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
afta??? said:
an economics essay question usu has three parts
r u sure that's the only sentence?

if itz a 3 part question... then answer first part in intro, second part in body and last part in conclusion

btw this structure was taught by my econ teacher who said it was recommended by Tim Riley, the guy who worte our school's economics text books
In agree with you...thats exactly what our teacher said to us.

kpq_sniper017

~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hey. What the..?
All the guys at my school are talking about you. They think you're me or something. Hey, and we do the same subjects.
ye
then tell them dat im not u. and i dont really care if we do the same subjects. people do the same subject combos. what's the deal? who cares!

Kultemkampf

HSC
Darren me and the res dog know that u created that Rench identity. We know its u Daz and we r laughing at you rating yourself on these writing forum things. And btw daz when u have you birthday in your profile and u share same birthday as dom and josh it a bit obvious.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Kultemkampf said:
Darren me and the res dog know that u created that Rench identity. We know its u Daz and we r laughing at you rating yourself on these writing forum things. And btw daz when u have you birthday in your profile and u share same birthday as dom and josh it a bit obvious.
This IS me.
Can't you see my name in the ID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)