Economics Summaries (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
MoonLiteDreamz said:
It's so true. My teacher said this to me the other day which is also very true. He said that if people are good at economics, they'd just go and make money on the market, not becoming a teacher. Though my teacher is pretty good... lol Good to talk to.
You know what my teacher said... that ur teacher is his friend :) lolz... sorry its a nice night and thought i'd increase my amount of posts by posting... :)

moo_moo_molly

Yo mumma
HSC
I mean... I don't completley blame my lack of economic knowledge on my teacher... but he is pretty bad... All the notes he gets us to copy come from the excel text book or the other text book we use... when he's explaining he'll stop midsentence so he can read ahead so he knows what to say to us... and basically just reads an explanation out of the text book... But I know that it is my own fault... I just don't do enough study for it...

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
moo_moo_molly said:
I mean... I don't completley blame my lack of economic knowledge on my teacher... but he is pretty bad... All the notes he gets us to copy come from the excel text book or the other text book we use... when he's explaining he'll stop midsentence so he can read ahead so he knows what to say to us... and basically just reads an explanation out of the text book... But I know that it is my own fault... I just don't do enough study for it...
that sucks totally... do u guys have like a head of head teachers for Economics or something?? cuz like ur teacher must be some Intellectual Outkast or something, to be doing that (revising from text books and stopping midsentence), its pretty fuckd up... you guys are in year 12...

unless he can get ur resources from them leading edge lectures without u having to participate then i guess thats alright... but like this year is prolly the year where u just have to study on your own to achieve top marks... whats the average mark u guys get in your assessments if u know? or the highest and lowest?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
MoonLiteDreamz said:
He said that if people are good at economics, they'd just go and make money on the market, not becoming a teacher.
I totally agree with you on that statement. That's like exactly what my economics teacher said, but I guess there are those few economists that would rather teach or lecture at a university, luckily for me, I have a decent ecos teacher that knows what he's talking about and does teach us ecos.

atakach99

HSC
lol everytime my teacher gives out a syllabus i lose it...any tips u guys can giv me soo it doesn't happen again????

fatooma

HSC
heyy
is economics hard in yr 12??
in yr 11 its pretty good... soo much u need 2 no... topped my class ... yay 94% ... jst follow the syllabus n u should be fine
but i was jst wandering what eco is like in yr 12??

HSC
Economics in yr 12 is more applied to the "real word" out there in the global economy. You start applying concepts/theory you learnt in yr 11, and its a given that you have your economics skills under your belt by that time. If not, there's still time to fix it up~

As for studying for eco, my teacher has pretty leet notes so i mostly study out of my exercise book. Summarising the text book is *THE* biggest waste of time because it should ONLY be done if you're not strong with the concepts. But if you don't understand concepts overly well, then go right ahead, it's just very time consuming.

I think a possibly worthwhile study technique would be attempting essay questions which would also be very time consuming, but very worthwhile since people rarely get enough essay practise. They are very useful for exercising your knowledge and if you're unsure of anything you can research the topic again for things you've missed out.

As my teacher says, economics essays are for flaunting your knowledge wide and far.

redom

HSC
fatooma said:
heyy
is economics hard in yr 12??
in yr 11 its pretty good... soo much u need 2 no... topped my class ... yay 94% ... jst follow the syllabus n u should be fine
but i was jst wandering what eco is like in yr 12??
isnt there another thread on this:S

anyway, yr 12 eco isnt 'harder', well maybe, but its alot more work. You should do well in eco, if your managing those marks now! goodluck!

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
summarise yr notes in a fashion that closely resembles the syllabus

keep yr notes brief as possible (to the things u have difficulties remembering)

but dont forget to at least mention the stuff u do know already

aussiedrunk

HSC
i would suggest u read articles too. My current economic textbook is 5 years old and the info in that is outdated....make sure you have updated satistics ..... A MUST

jawrgy

HSC
oohh for all those guyz comin first n have no idea what there doin im comin last alwayz in class. anywayz here lookin for notes on topic 1 of ecnomics so i can show my teacher b4 i get a n-award

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)