ecosystems at risk ass. (1 Viewer)

Natalie Chicken

HSC
hey guys... i just started yr 12 n we're doing ecosystems at risk. i just received the first assignment on it which is a case study on an ecosystem of our choice, except coral reefs, n i have NO CLUE what to pick! i wanted to deserts but my teacher said that's hard.

so pleaseee if u have any suggestions or uve done it already n wanna give a poor soul like me some advice... ur welcome to :D!
thanks peoples! gl wit ur studies!

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
umm, The teacher let u choose one.
(I never got that choice, its not fair ):argue:

But back to the topic, I'd choose a case study that is in your textbook, that way most of the info u need will be in the textbook. I did intertidal wetlands and coastal dunes (which were both in my textbook). But if the teacher has given u a choice, then I'd pick an ecosystem that is both interesting and has easily accessible info (both on the web and in ur textbook)

But remember u need to choose an ecosystem that is AT RISK..
So maybe intertidal wetlands, alpine areas or any of the others the syllabus suggests.

But good luck for Yr12 and enjoy HSC Geography... :)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah I'd recommend Intertidal Wetlands or Coastal Dunes. I did these last year and there is so much good info on them in textbooks.

Benno

HSC
Alpine was good, and easy so was River Red Gum ecosystem :p

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
choose ecosystem which you know the best or which is most interesting for you. and choose ecosystem which is in your text book or you have good information on it. and good luck

Natalie Chicken

HSC
thanks alot for all your help. you're right... there is tons of info on interdidal wetlands and costal dune systems. some on in my class is already doing the coastal dune systems, so i think ill stick to wetlands or alpine. thanks again n gl wit ur HSC! :D

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
You must have the "A Geography of Global Interactions 2" textbook by Grant Kleeman?
A decent textbook but I've heard theres a better one out there called "Macquarie HSC Geography" I think?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by scut
You must have the "A Geography of Global Interactions 2" textbook by Grant Kleeman?
A decent textbook but I've heard theres a better one out there called "Macquarie HSC Geography" I think?
its the best book ever for geography, year 11s buy this book, it does not have any irrelevant information like in "glodal interactions".

Natalie Chicken

HSC
serious? ok cool, i can get that at max elles books right? cause i cant be bothered to go to that major book shop dymocks or h and g stationary and books in burwood lol. but thanks for the tips guys!

jellybean8622

yeah, we use the "geography of global interactions 2" textbook...i find it pretty good. for the ecosystems at risk we are doing Coastal Dunes for our assignment and Intertidal Wetlands in class. i think ill do Fraser Island for the assignment, being as sand island and all. although there a

jellybean8622

yeah, we use the "geography of global interactions 2" textbook...i find it pretty good. for the ecosystems at risk we are doing Coastal Dunes for our assignment and Intertidal Wetlands in class. i think ill do Fraser Island for the assignment, being a sand island and all. although there are some top casestudies on the MIGHTY illawarra coast

Natalie Chicken

HSC
i picked intertidal wetlands... and global interactions 2 has a whole case study already done on it with all the headings my teacher has set for the report... the problem is, i cant summarise... and i totally cant plagarise cause its out class text book... any help is totally appreciate!! AAHHH ITS DUE IN TWO DAYS!! i procrastinate too much! thanks all!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Geography has ruined going to the beach :cry: heheheh double geography's are good not go to the beach and do "field work" :D but we got egged walking back last time :( but it didnt hit me so it was ok :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sounds like a large class...

We went on the Sydney tour of Pyrmont for urban consolidation and another of a large hotel for the economic activity...

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah we went to towra point too :D we've already done our ecosystem at risk assessment on it, hopefully i went ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)