edassist (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
is anyone here going ot the edassist lectures runing from april 13th - april 16th?

or even better, has anyone gone to them before (past hsc students).

like wat are they about? is it just like gettting private tuition or do they give u inside information or specific tips to think about?

im interested in the 3unit maths and economics lectures...

if anyone can pass any insight on to these through this thread please do...

thank u

jesshika

supreme being
tehy seem pretty tempting to go to .. but i am not sure how the lectures are .. (i was aboutto go to the maths and bio one but decided to get tutored instead)
if its a lecture for maths .. i don't see how it could be of any help seeing for maths you need to do practice questions ... or do tehy just give yu notes on the topics and exam hints ?

lil princess

HSC
I was going to go to the last ones, but couldn't go at the last minute unfortunately.

However, friends from skool went and basically, they got notes on the subject and then they were talked through the HSC exam, and given tips about what to look for, and how people lose marks through silly mistakes.

The only part of the lectures they didn't like was that, for example in Mathematics [2 unit] the lectures covered topics which our class hadn't done yet - so it was a little hard to understand that part...but other than that they raved about the lectures and said that they are really worthwhile.

The lectures this time are longer than b4 though, so they will probably talk about the topics more.

aditya

HSC
o really.. is that soo.... hmmmm

i think ill go... good revision yeh?

jesshika

supreme being
it wouldn't hurt to give it a try
i might be going to the Biology one .. goes for 2 days and amounts to like 100 ~~
not sure as yet !~

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i never went....but i reckon its crap...its better to spend that money taking private tutorial...as how cud u do a years course in a span of couple of hours? think!

aditya

HSC
lol... ur right, and ur rong...

these arent really tuition services, the company actually calls them lectures....

so they arent aimed at teaching u every square inch of the course.... just what they see as the more diffucult and problem causing concepts... and im hoping, they give u advice for ur hsc, and wat examiners look for....

and it iisnt the whole course... just wat uve done up 2 now, but i get wat ur saying... just clarifying.

eggnog

HSC
i dunno, i bought the ed assist notes last year, and they were completely hopeless, for both mafs and phys

i can't imagine the lectures are any better ;) you're better off grabbing some notes from the plethora of posts on bos

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
well i always preferred private tutoring over the bogus lectures....why waste money?....and aditya.....my teacher is a HSC marker and is head of a marking group every year....so i got enuf clues from him :D

give it a go...if you want....

last year my chem teacher was arranging one....but i never wanted to go...eventually the trip didnt happen....hmmm was it because me and my twin didnt go?...:confused: people follwed us alot ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)